Completely Banned for the Greater Good
- Dec 14, 2011
- Maricopa County, AZ
I find it interesting people are telling on other people more and more lately rather then just sitting back and listening to the cool shat that people scan and feed.
Our terms of service for law enforcement feeds is now as follows. This is it.
What does that mean? It means, that feeds are not allowed to have tactical, tac, car-to-car, NCIC, records, detectives, swat, SRT, supervisors, or any other channels or talkgroups on their feeds.Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies.
Routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups ONLY.
If a routine dispatch or special events channel or talkgroup happens to have communications such as tactical, tac, car-to-car, NCIC, records, detectives, swat, SRT, and supervisors then that is OK and is not subject to our terms of service.
So even if the SRT team was actually on the same channel, which it wasn't go listen to the archives, the channels were still only the dispatch channels for the area; which is still full well within the TOS.Feed Providers are not allowed to broadcast:
* SWAT "type" operations if on dedicated channels or talkgroups
* Narcotics / CID / Investigations or other tactical operations
* Dedicated channels or talkgroups for Ambulance to Hospital Communications
* Dedicated Federal Government or Military Communications (exceptions include any fire fighting operations, space shuttle communications, park ranger operations)
* Any commercial service broadcast (FM/AM/TV etc)
* Music or talk show of any kind (commercial or non-commercial)
* DJ or other type of similar activity (commercial or non-commercial)
* Open Microphones
Feed providers agree to follow these terms of service when broadcasting to RadioReference.com
Law Enforcement Feeds
Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies.
I agree to NOT broadcast dedicated tactical, car-to-car, SWAT, narcotics, detectives or any other channels or talkgroups that are not routine dispatch or special events related.
I made this suggestion before, we might not be home with something happens. It would be nice to have an app for android/iOS that we could change the breaking news option and take the feed down if we are away from home.
Yes I am complaining because I know of a person who's feed was shut down by RR because of what they were streaming.