base ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost75

hey guys is this a good base antenna it is the wbv-60 wideband base antenna the frequency rang is from 0.5-1500mhz it can be see on scanner master.com does any one have of these ant any info on it would good to know thanks kevin in hampshire tennessee

benbenrf

You'd be better off with something like AOR's DA753G - although that goes quite a bit beyond 1.5G so there'll be perhaps more variation in dBm across the bandwidth than most folk would like. If your wallet can take it, and closer to the bandwidth you are interested in - take a look at the BENELEC 02674 - a brilliant discone - one of the best I ever worked with in my pro days in the antenna biz

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
Coax

I saw an ad for a new product (probably in PopCom magazine) but now I can't find it.. or the company that makes it. It's a new VERY THIN in-line radio cable type (not coax) that you can pass it through and still allow the window to close and open. It comes in like 2-4' length I think. It's made so you can attach an outside base antenna to a radio inside your home -without- having to drill access holes in walls, baseboards or ceilings. It's also durable so it won't break. Can anyone direct me to the company/website who makes it?

Earwave

Flat coax

Flat coax...thats a helluva good idea....if it works.

but what kind of connectors are they? They almost look like rca connectors.

If there are threads there,they are really hard to see.

Last edited:

benbenrf

Those are definetly 75 ohm connectors ...... for TV - wouldn't have thought much good for 50 ohm scanner - to much loss. Drill a hole through the wall!

W6KRU

Those are definetly 75 ohm connectors ...... for TV - wouldn't have thought much good for 50 ohm scanner - to much loss. Drill a hole through the wall!

Believe it or not, 75 ohm cabling is acceptable for scanner use. The system as a whole receiver/cable/antenna varies in impedance as the frequencies change.

Status
Not open for further replies.