• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

base charger problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W4ZMJ

Has any one notice problems with the base charger? I have a issue more often than not where if is in the base it comes through the base speaker fine, but sometimes when I cut it off then turn on the next day it acts like it not picking up the pager being in there. it will charge but want put the audio though the base. I have taken it out put it back in it will say charging but audio will come out the pager only. The only solution I've come up with is to program the pager again then it works fine. This might last a few days then next time I cut it on doing it again. Has any one had this issue?

tipster67

Yes, I have had it do that to me. No, I don't a good solution. But you ain't alone. I have never had to re-program. I just slip it in a few times till the sound is correct.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I use a damp wash cloth and wipe the contacts on the base of my G5 and it works every time, must be a contact issue.

Dennis

I must do similar with my G5 for the G5 to use the external antenna attached to the charger base.
It does seem like a contact problem as cleaning them on the G5 and in the charger base restores normal operation each time I need to do this.
Luckily, it does not happen often.

CFP387

Is it normal for there to be a delay in audio when the G4/5 is in the amplified charger? Mine has always had a one-second or so delay when it's in the cradle.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Try some Caig R5, applied to both sets of contacts, with a cotton swab.

Using this Caig product is the better fix by far!
When I'm in a hurry, the quick wipe of the contacts does work. I usually just use a dry cloth or even a clean pencil eraser on occasion if I don't have the good stuff handy. Sometimes just a wipe by the fingers takes care of any problems or simply reseating the G5 in the cradle.

One thing I've noticed is cleaning the contacts has always restored any odd problems with the charging cradle. My G5 is also used mainly indoors only in a clean and smoke free environment so contact cleanliness must play an important part.

CFP387, I can't say I've ever noticed any audio delay when in the amplified charger but I don't think I've ever had another radio running so I may not have noticed it.
I'll try and do a comparison in and out of the charger with another radio on the system and see if I can duplicate what you see.

CFP387

CFP387, I can't say I've ever noticed any audio delay when in the amplified charger but I don't think I've ever had another radio running so I may not have noticed it. I'll try and do a comparison in and out of the charger with another radio on the system and see if I can duplicate what you see.

I keep at least two radios going on the same system at all times and I've had the issue since the first day I've used the amplifier charger right out of the box. It may be it's normal operation but I'm still curious as to whether anyone else experiences it.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Is it normal for there to be a delay in audio when the G4/5 is in the amplified charger? Mine has always had a one-second or so delay when it's in the cradle.
Yes. Mine has that delay. It's very slight. They built that in no doubt for Pager voice buffering and other things to sync up with the PPS. My Pro96 runs the same signal just slightly ahead of the G5 when I have the Pager in my charger/Amp. After a recent update .. the Charger was harder to find the right (spot) for it to work. I now put it IN (squeezing) the belt-clip of course, then pull the top towards me slowly and it finds the right spot.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Anyone notice that while in the amplified charger, the last syllable of a transmission will sometimes be cut off? Doesn't happen out of the charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.