Base & Handheld Radios for MilAir

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I transitioned from a 245 to the 330T while I was on the road trucking - then my favorite pair became a 396 and the 330 as everything started going digital. The 330T was a very reliable scanner for what I used it for, scanning incidents and searching for info when sitting in traffic jams. I depended more on my 330T than my CB for important info that I needed to know quickly, as the CB was usually jammed up with idiots trying to start arguments. I had search banks set up on the 330T for analog public safety, medical transport, tow trucks (very valuable) and fire/emt and news media. One of the best scanners I have ever owned before it took a tumble to the asphalt from the cockpit of my Freightliner at a Pilot truckstop in Wyoming. Ugh.

Just had to add my 2/cents on the BC330T - very nice scanner!

JD
kf4anc

Eugene

SteveSimpkin: Thanks for the reply. Batteries make no difference. Earphones make no difference. Have not taken off the antenna but different antennas make no difference and have noticed that if I pinch the tip of the antenna it stops and when I let go it starts. If I put anything over the tip of the antenna (ribber wine cork with hole drilled).....no difference. Even tried covering the battery case with foil (like the 436) but that made no difference either. Very frustrating as I really liked this scanner but can't sound this loud, random staccato squeal.....

Eugene. KG4AVE

spacellamaman

You can't go wrong with the BC125AT and BCT-15X combo.

i totally agree on the bc125 and want to agree on the bct-15x but need help convincing myself to buy a non-portable model. wanna help convince me (if ya deem appropriate)? i basically got most of my needs covered with what i think the same advantages would be with a couple of br330t's, but i am open minded here.

essentially i need FM coverage from 30-87mhz, 138-150am/fm and 225-400AM. already sufficiently covered with stuff for p25 380-400 so not an issue. i do alot of search-and-store and if the sensitivity and RFI issues were better, like a good bit better with a 15x over a 330t i would go for it.

i had a 346xt for a while and never had the dang RFI issues that i do with the 330t's. with comparable ranges i don't have problems with the bc125 either but the 55-87 isn't there and there is no search and store (nor the 380-400 of much, much lesser concern). if that was different i would have a bookshelf full of em.

any thoughts on the bct-15x regarding those issues? thanks either way folks.

Eugene

I had posted about the problems I had with the 330T.....Was assuming that it was defective so bought a new one from Scannermaster.....no further issue. It apparently a defective product. Since I have now both the UBC125xt and the 330T and in comparison in the same location with the same antenna...whereas the UBC125 is good, the 330T is more sensitive and receives more signal from my home distance from Norfolk International (about 8 air miles). Either one would be a good one.....if you can still get the remaining 330T's.

Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.