Base scanner antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
what would be a good base antenna that covers 25-1300 mhz that won't break the bank. I will have a run of coax about 40' long. Also what would be a good mobile scanner antenna with a run of at least 19" roughly with a strong magnet and would withstand interstate hwy speeds

Ubbe

what would be a good base antenna that covers 25-1300 mhz that won't break the bank.
For that would probably be a $70 Tram 1411 discone antenna that are one of the antenna types that can handle that huge frequency range. If you do not need low-VHF below 80MHz then go for the Tram 1410.

For coax you can use RG6 that attenuates less than 3dB at 900MHz. You can buy the much more expensive and harder to install LMR400 that will attenuate 2dB at 900Mhz, probably not worth the money.

/Ubbe

KOK5CY

I'm using the Tram 1410 @ 15ft high and using RG8X feed line . I mostly listen to 800 trunked with good results

CanesFan95

Thanks for the reply. I also am interested in a good mobile scanner antenna that has a strong magnet plus at least a 19' coax.

You can buy the antenna and mag-mount separately. Most mag-mounts are only 17' of coax. Antenna Farm has a way to order a mag-mount with a custom length, but they're expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.