Base Scanners for Phase I/II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamilton930

Hello all,

I've been hunting around for a new scanner. I currently have a uniden 15x and friggin love the thing!
my only issue is it's analog-trunk and my local county has recently updated to Phase I and surrounding counties went to Phase II systems.

my question is to the kind folks at RR is,

which is a high performance, high quality radio these days. My only real requirement is, i want a desktop model similar to the uniden 15.

<rant>
i recently purchased the radioshack 652 pro. I sorta liked the scanner but was really put off for the fact can not find a programming cable for it. nothing worse than being stuck on stock radioshack frequencies! I checked the local stores and nothing, they say check online store, i get on to radioshack website and it says to check the brick and mortar . no wonder this company is went down the tubes!
</rant>

Thank you,
bryan

Aero125

The Uniden 996P2 fits your needs description perfectly. And yes, stay away from any 'Pro' radio crap models for many reasons. They do not support their products.

br0adband

If you have a spare computer or laptop you can dedicate to the purpose there's always OP25 which is a Linux-based solution that is the only really effective way to monitor LSM-based systems at this point in time and the only computer based solution for monitoring P25 Phase I and Phase II communications. ;)

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
<rant>
i recently purchased the radioshack 652 pro. I sorta liked the scanner but was really put off for the fact can not find a programming cable for it. nothing worse than being stuck on stock radioshack frequencies! I checked the local stores and nothing, they say check online store, i get on to radioshack website and it says to check the brick and mortar . no wonder this company is went down the tubes!
</rant>

Thank you,
bryan

Your Pro 652 scanner is the same as the Whistler WS1065... check here:

WS1065 - The RadioReference Wiki

Programming cables are readily available for your scanner:

https://whistlergroup.com/collectio...products/pc-interface-cable-for-ws1040-ws1065

bhamilton930

Your Pro 652 scanner is the same as the Whistler WS1065... check here:

WS1065 - The RadioReference Wiki

Programming cables are readily available for your scanner:

https://whistlergroup.com/collectio...products/pc-interface-cable-for-ws1040-ws1065

If they are so available why can't radio shack figure that out? I've owned that scanner almost a year. Clearly they paid for the rebranding. You think they [radioshack] would either stock the cable or direct customers to the source for the cable. The fact they [radioshack] didnt so either. I've been waiting for the cable to magically arrive for about a year give or take. This includes weekly pestering of one of the radio shack store owners.

To me this speaks volumes about the company and products they sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.