Base/step/offset for MOT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhubbard

I have the base/step/offset figures for the NSW GRN in NSW Australia but cannot find out how to plug them into the PSR-500 while programming. I know there was mention to it in a previous thread and a response by Mike, but I still don't follow. Help please.
PS there is no truth to the rumour that there is nothing to scan in Australia because it is all encrypted. (this from a dealer in the states).

Thanks

Bob
vktoo

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Bob,

What specific system are you trying to load in? Some newer systems do not require the base/step/offset.

However if a system does require it with the 500/600 then you will also need the 'lo chan' and 'hi chan' values as well or your system will not scan.

Now to do this here's what you need to do.
1. Open the TSYS you want to set up for editing.
2. If the system type is a "MOT VHF/UHF" scroll down the menu to "T TABLES"
3. Select "T TABLES"
4. Select 'Table 01'
5. Enter the values for each setting (i.e., Lo Chan, Hi, Chan, Offset, Base, and step). The last three are usually available in the RR DB (though I won't swear for Australia). The Lo and Hi Chan values are TYPICALLY, but not ALWAYS 380 LO and 759 HI. Now if you have a multi table system, the LO and HI will vary and hopefully someone can provide those.
6. If the system uses multiple tables, repeat steps 4 and 5 for each succeeding table (be sure to go to the next table in line and not over write table 01 [too many years dealing with writing tech data here folks]).

There is a thread in the Wiki on how to calculate the base and offset values (though I've tried it in the past and came up lacking, but then I've never been all that good with math).

mikey60

Bob,

What specific system are you trying to load in? Some newer systems do not require the base/step/offset.

However if a system does require it with the 500/600 then you will also need the 'lo chan' and 'hi chan' values as well or your system will not scan.

Now to do this here's what you need to do.
1. Open the TSYS you want to set up for editing.
2. If the system type is a "MOT VHF/UHF" scroll down the menu to "T TABLES"
3. Select "T TABLES"
4. Select 'Table 01'
5. Enter the values for each setting (i.e., Lo Chan, Hi, Chan, Offset, Base, and step). The last three are usually available in the RR DB (though I won't swear for Australia). The Lo and Hi Chan values are TYPICALLY, but not ALWAYS 380 LO and 759 HI. Now if you have a multi table system, the LO and HI will vary and hopefully someone can provide those.
6. If the system uses multiple tables, repeat steps 4 and 5 for each succeeding table (be sure to go to the next table in line and not over write table 01 [too many years dealing with writing tech data here folks]).

There is a thread in the Wiki on how to calculate the base and offset values (though I've tried it in the past and came up lacking, but then I've never been all that good with math).

The Chan Lo is always the same as the offset for the table being entered.
The Chan Hi is one lower than the offset for the next table, or 759 for VHF/UHF systems.

The Procedure above will get you into the table editor in the scanner.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.