Baseline GRE is Superior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgnsucks

Using the new FreeScan I just have to say the GRE scanner is superior to the other product. The other scanner just sounds robotic I can program the same APCO to the GRE and the audio is as clear as day.

For me this is a wake up call I still like the other scanners I own around 5 of them. However the GRE is just better and easier to use. Maybe I am missing something as an end user but I will be waiting for Whistler's new products to see what they come up with in the future.

I have up to the 396XT it's is just not even close to the GRE.

mule1075

Feed Provider
That is awesome it all depends on what you like.Quick question what are you saying about using the new freescan?Just trying get what you mean you do not like the freescan software for the unidens or is it something else?

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Whats nice is having both The GRE PSR 600 and the Uniden 996XT models. They both have their own sweet flavors to them. GRE has the upper hand so far when it comes to digital modulation, but then Uniden has a better approach to the way memory is stored and used. I noticed when you turn on or turn off scanlists on the GRE is kills the transmission of the radio. No you can turn on and turn off quick keys on the uniden and your receive transmission is not killed. Its a give and take situation.

So to be happy is to have both units. Then you have the best of both worlds.

pgnsucks

Whats nice is having both The GRE PSR 600 and the Uniden 996XT models. They both have their own sweet flavors to them. GRE has the upper hand so far when it comes to digital modulation, but then Uniden has a better approach to the way memory is stored and used. I noticed when you turn on or turn off scanlists on the GRE is kills the transmission of the radio. No you can turn on and turn off quick keys on the uniden and your receive transmission is not killed. Its a give and take situation.

So to be happy is to have both units. Then you have the best of both worlds.

For me as an owner, GRE is just superior in working digital stations (APCO). Out of the box the aforementioned just works so much better with better working environments. Maybe Uniden which I have 5 will work better with tweaking (996t 396XT). However I am at this time leaning towards waiting for Whistler, I just think they have a better product.

mule1075

Feed Provider
For me as an owner, GRE is just superior in working digital stations (APCO). Out of the box the aforementioned just works so much better with better working environments. Maybe Uniden which I have 5 will work better with tweaking (996t 396XT). However I am at this time leaning towards waiting for Whistler, I just think they have a better product.

Glad to hear as said what works for you might not work for me and vice versa.I am also interested what Whistler has to offer. Will i buy from them more than likely will i buy from both companies Uniden and Whistler I can almost guarantee that.

Status
Not open for further replies.