Basement Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff026

Feed Provider
Well i finally decided to get some of my stuff out of the storage boxes and started setting it up. I still have a lot of work to do, but i set everything up to test it and make sure it is all working properly.
Equipment list as follows:
Motorola Command Plus console
2 UHF CDM 1550's
1 Uhf Spectra
1 Low Band Syntor X9000
1 Low band Maratrac
1 BC796D
1 BCD996T

S1031299.jpg

S1031300.jpg

S1031313.jpg

S1031310.jpg

K

kb0nly

Nice... What are the little boxes on top of the Desktrac between the radio and scanner and the top of it?

What's the Desktrac setup for you never mentioned it.

ff026

Feed Provider
Nice... What are the little boxes on top of the Desktrac between the radio and scanner and the top of it?

What's the Desktrac setup for you never mentioned it.
those boxes are tone remote adaptors for the CDM's. i forgot to include the desktrac, its a UHF desktrac that has a bad tone remote board: i get no audio out of the adaptor to the console!

K

kb0nly

Ahh ok... I used to have one of those boards for the Desktrac.... Tossed it on ebay after converting it to a repeater.

ff026

Feed Provider
i use the tone remote adaptors to connect the radio's to the console. i have a few more i have to interface into the spectra and x9000. When i interface the TRA to the radio's I do not connect the channel steering lines. That way i have 128 channel tone remote radio instead of 16 channel. the console is a little overkill but it looks great

KB0NLY i could have used that adaptor, damn!

K

kb0nly

Neat... You need to build like a custom console to mount everything into on the desktop, like a slanted front and then mount all the radios into it, that would look neat.

Yeah i bet they aren't easy to find, when i tossed that one on ebay it was gone in a matter of hours.

ff026

Feed Provider
i am going to build a custom console for all of my stuff, im just testing everything for now. i still have all of the antenna work to do and that is a project in of itself!

KM4WLV

Nice collection man. Even though I do like seeing a good home setup I believe I'd have myself a nice mobile setup instead. Looks like you have enough to go around, lol.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Looking good! Need help running some coax up that big tower across the way there? :twisted:

tekshogun

Lots of stuff. Nice. I think you would benefit nicely from a good custom shelf/desk project. You've certainly got enough equipment to justify the time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.