Basic question about DMR decoding software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlSuitor

Premium Subscriber
I am a real novice so if I ask some silly questions bear with me. I am thinking of buying a DMR radio to monitor some local services. I have the software for the radio. It appears to need talkgroups, color codes, time slots, etc.

So..... the question is. Does your software that you use such as DSDplus give you that information about a DMR system?

Tweekerbob

Try DMRDecode for that kind of info. DMRDecode Download

It's a Java program; you might need the Java Runtime Engine (google it to download if you don't already have it).

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It's also good to check with DMR Decode to see if the services you want to monitor are using Privacy or not. Would suck to buy a radio and find out they are encrypted.

EarlSuitor

Premium Subscriber
Okay I installed the discriminator tap according to instructions. Got every thing hooked up and all I get is the Braaaaaap of the MotoTRBO on DSD Plus......... I do get the scrolling black screen saying CACH ERR & on the right ERR3. Any help would be appreciated. DMR Decode does not do anything at all obviously I'm missing something.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
What type of scanner are you using? Are you using a mic or line in on the PC? Sometimes if it's a mic in, the signal can be way too hot and needs to be adjusted accordingly.

racingfan360

Not sure if this is maybe a poor setup, poor signal strength or encryption. Can you post a sample of the raw data you are receiving to say zippyshare, for me to have a look? To capture a raw sample, you fire up DSD+, then in the command line window press "r" to start capture, and "r" again to finish. It will create a [possibly large] raw .wav file in the DSD+ root folder.

EarlSuitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm using the Radio Shack Pro 2096

Radio Shack Pro 2096 - YouTube

Actually I've tried plugging it into all my audio inputs [line in, front mike in, rear mike in] I followed the instructions very closely about installation of the discriminator tap. Soldering it in and using the 10K ohm 1/4 watt resistor.

See:

Installing a discriminator tap on a Pro-97 scanner

Still stumped...... I really want to get this working. I need the data off DMR Decode to program my new DMR radio, plus I want to use DSD Plus.

TY,
Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.