Basic question about unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Taking baby steps here trying to understand the workings of the program. There are many things I would like to do but I must first grasp what is happening here. I am only wanting to watch unitrunker parse information from an audio stream at this point. Input from tapped scanner as source for now. I have been able to watch as Motorola systems are being decoded. (Type 2 smartzone) Upon stopping on CC a box will pop up and begin to populate with data as to the groups and so forth. However, even though I have the boxes checked, when I input CC audio from NXDN or DMR nothing happens. No information is being read even though the scope feature shows a nice clean waveform is reaching the program. Like I said, I am not even close to setting up a second radio to be autotuned by the program. I am just trying to understand just what can be done and frustrated that I cannot get certain types of systems to work. I need to understand just what can be done with this program. I have not been able to find any up to date set-up information and have been winging it.

Can this program be used to auto tune a BCT15X using the usb interface?
I own two dongles and a tapped BCT15X as well as other tapped scanners so control input is not a problem. Just what receivers will unitrunker auto tune to follow trunking? Must I use a dongle, or will it tell my BCT15X where to tune through the usb??

Does the program decode anything besides moneyrola?

Any help appreciated. Point me to a place to understand how this works would be great, I have not been able to find anywhere that walks through set up.

I would eventually like to be able to use a dongle for CC and the BCT15X as the tuned receiver to follow groups on local private trunked systems.

Thanks for reading.

BM82557

Found this in the Readme file that is included when Unitrunker is installed -

Unitrunker understands the following control channel trunking protocols
•APCO P25
•EDACS
•Motorola
•MPT1327
•LTR (limited)

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Oh my, I see I am way off base here. The flavor of unitrunker I have installed has a list of decode options which are not possible. That threw me off. Thanks for pointing me to the read me.

SCPD

QRT
However, even though I have the boxes checked, when I input CC audio from NXDN or DMR nothing happens. No information is being read even though the scope feature shows a nice clean waveform is reaching the program.
The check boxes for NXDN, DMR and ProVoice are for detection, not decoding. This was done for folks that hear a digital buzz and try to decode from it - not realizing it was a format the program did not support. Look at the Protocol field on the receiver window. It will likely say "NXDN" or "DMR".

Can this program be used to auto tune a BCT15X using the usb interface?
Yes. The program supported the BCT15X long before the RTL sticks. The BCT15X is consider an inline receiver because it provides control channel data over the serial port. The '15X also accept computer control. The program can tune this model for voice following.

UniTrunker | Receivers

Just what receivers will unitrunker auto tune to follow trunking? Must I use a dongle, or will it tell my BCT15X where to tune through the usb??

Both will work.

BCT15X

Beware the program only supports RTL sticks with the R820T tuner.

RTL2832U with R820T

Does the program decode anything besides moneyrola?
I see BM8 covered this.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Thank you sir, I have a much better understanding now.

joeuser

The Wretched
Love Unitrunker myself, great application! Dont forget to UNcheck deemphasis before u press play buttons!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.