Basic Questions After Getting Back In Hobby (SDS 200) Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Yes. During the past year or so, many issues have come up. These generally fall into one of five categories:
Hardware issues, software issues, SDS development, bug fixes, and feature requests. I prioritized hardware issues since those cannot be fixed via firmware, and in some cases warrant a design change like the hum issue. We have one hardware issue (relatively minor) that is particularly hard to track down, but is still being worked on. There is one SW issue that is being addressed currently, and the next step will be to focus on bug fixes (and there are many of those to address). Major issues will get priority, but ideally all bugs - major and minor - will be addressed. Then feature requests will be considered. SDS development may be concurrent with the bug fix stage but it will probably happen after that since the SDS feature research continues.

I posted this schedule previously. I was replying to the posts above my reply that were talking about the new SDS features.

Could we focus on the SDS before fixing bugs, yes. But I believe it is more important to get existing features working right than adding new ones. The last thing I want to do is add features then not have the resources to fix bugs. That would make the product look bad.

The bug fix stage will take some time since there are many on the list to research and, if identified, fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.