Bass Pro Outdoor World

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure WHY I did it, but I clicked on a tab showing all the FCC licenses for a particular county. One thing I immediately noticed was a TON of frequencies registered to Bass Pro Outdoor World in Rocklin; 305 different frequencies to be precise. I'm guessing they only use a few frequencies at each store, but find it odd for them to have THAT many frequencies. Nearly all, if not all, are limited to 4 watts. Does anyone know anything about their radios?

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure WHY I did it, but I clicked on a tab showing all the FCC licenses for a particular county. One thing I immediately noticed was a TON of frequencies registered to Bass Pro Outdoor World in Rocklin; 305 different frequencies to be precise. I'm guessing they only use a few frequencies at each store, but find it odd for them to have THAT many frequencies. Nearly all, if not all, are limited to 4 watts. Does anyone know anything about their radios?
If you click on the call sign, you'll see it's licensed for multiple of their store locations. What you saw was ALL the frequencies for ALL locations on the license. For the Rocklin location, they have only 10 frequencies licensed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ecps92

I've noticed from past BPS monitoring that they run 4-6 channels, similar to most BIG BOX stores [Home Depot, Target etc]
Examples
Ch.1 Ops
Ch.2 Talk-around / Chit Chat
Ch.3 Supervisors
Ch.4 Loss Prevention
Ch.5 Maint
Ch.6 Events / Parking Lot [Cart Returns]

Having that many also allows them to mitigate any local interference from another box store, or even Stadium

You will generally, once you drill down to the license for your Store, find only 4-6 frequencies, the 305 are all of the allocations under that license, not for that particular site/store

Status
Not open for further replies.