Bass Pro Shop Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

Anyone know the Bass Pro shop frequencies? I have tried to do a close call search but they seem not to transmit too often on there radios. Believe they are using kenwood HT's. They might be vhf by what I have noticed but not definite sure.
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992

KB0VWG

The Newest one

They just opened a new one her in Harlingen, Texas before Thanksgiving
Thanks
Michael
kb0vwg
wqoi992

ecps92

I would put them all in. My experience [Foxboro MA] with them is they tend to use more than what is listed to each store or a totally different stores channel plan.

ie:
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPTY936 - Bass Pro Outdoor World - Frequencies Summary
for Foxboro, they use many that are NOT part of this license Location.
Mall and Shopping Center Frequencies A-H - Scan New England Wiki

I see the list and like you said quite large.
Thanks again
Michael
kb0vwg
wqoi992

giguchan

Premium Subscriber
Just last week i spent some time and money visited the BPS in Fox and also ventured over to scanner master..(i left my NYG jersey at home) almost got stuck in that Stadium traffic. I noticed that they all carry compact portables.. I too was wondering what frequency they were on..Next time i go back up(this weekend) i'll tune in! Not a Pats fan but they played a great game!

ecps92

NYG Jersey's are allowed, remember back before the Pats came out of their shell, the only Game on TV up here [New England] were the Giants :)

Go Pats - now back to Malls/Stores etc.

For the OP, have you found the Freq's for your store, yet? :confused:

Just last week i spent some time and money visited the BPS in Fox and also ventured over to scanner master..(i left my NYG jersey at home) almost got stuck in that Stadium traffic. I noticed that they all carry compact portables.. I too was wondering what frequency they were on..Next time i go back up(this weekend) i'll tune in! Not a Pats fan but they played a great game!

piper9285

For those still interested, this is the Bass Pro frequencies and corresponding channels. Happy listening.

Ch 1 452.0375
Ch 2 452.1125
Ch 3 452.1625
Ch 4 452.1875
Ch 5 452.6625
Ch 6 457.0375
Ch 7 457.1125
Ch 8 457.1625
Ch 9 457.1875
Ch 10 457.6625
Ch 11 462.1875
Ch 12 467.1875

Notice that they are in 5MHz frequency pairs in the event a store uses a repeater. The store in Ranch Cucamonga does not, so they have access to 12 channels to bounce around in.

One last thing, the Rancho Cucamonga store uses Ch5 as their calling and general communication channel, and housekeeping stays on Ch3. If someone needs to carry on a lengthy conversation, everyone moves off to another channel.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
For those still interested, this is the Bass Pro frequencies and corresponding channels. Happy listening.

Ch 1 452.0375
Ch 2 452.1125
Ch 3 452.1625
Ch 4 452.1875
Ch 5 452.6625
Ch 6 457.0375
Ch 7 457.1125
Ch 8 457.1625
Ch 9 457.1875
Ch 10 457.6625
Ch 11 462.1875
Ch 12 467.1875

Notice that they are in 5MHz frequency pairs in the event a store uses a repeater. The store in Ranch Cucamonga does not, so they have access to 12 channels to bounce around in.

One last thing, the Rancho Cucamonga store uses Ch5 as their calling and general communication channel, and housekeeping stays on Ch3. If someone needs to carry on a lengthy conversation, everyone moves off to another channel.

Def not a nationwide list. The store in my town uses a different set of freqs, some not listed in your list.

piper9285

Def not a nationwide list. The store in my town uses a different set of freqs, some not listed in your list.

True, but it is a good start. As I wrote, it is the Rancho Cucamonga Bass Pro, but those with the same frequencies now have a heads up and can build on this.

One thing to note, it appears that each store has 12 channel HTs. Case in point, the Manteca store. While the frequencies are different, the channels are in sequential order with the frequencies, IOW from lowest to highest frequencies. So I'd suggest using the list ( WPTY936 (Bass Pro Outdoor World) FCC Callsign Details ) already linked, find the store you're interested in, and go from there, starting with lowest frequency as channel one, and going to channel 12 as the highest frequency.

Last edited:

ecps92

Ref WPTY936
icon-term.gif
This call sign or a component(s) of this call sign is in termination pending status for failure to meet the buildout requirement.

True, but it is a good start. As I wrote, it is the Rancho Cucamonga Bass Pro, but those with the same frequencies now have a heads up and can build on this.

One thing to note, it appears that each store has 12 channel HTs. Case in point, the Manteca store. While the frequencies are different, the channels are in sequential order with the frequencies, IOW from lowest to highest frequencies. So I'd suggest using the list ( WPTY936 (Bass Pro Outdoor World) FCC Callsign Details ) already linked, find the store you're interested in, and go from there, starting with lowest frequency as channel one, and going to channel 12 as the highest frequency.

McCroskey

Is there something particularly exciting about what is being transmitted inside Bass Pro Shops stores?

I guess I'm scratching my head at why anyone would want to listen to them, to each his own I suppose.

wtp

some of the fun is

that they think everything is private.
gf and i went to applebees and had to wait
the 396t is always with me
when we got in, the girl forgot what table we were going to get, so i said said 210 she smiled and asked "how did you know" so i just said "i am good with numbers"

so the moral is ---listen to every thing you can!

kma371

QRT
Is there something particularly exciting about what is being transmitted inside Bass Pro Shops stores?

I guess I'm scratching my head at why anyone would want to listen to them, to each his own I suppose.

You could say the same thing about listening to trains or planes. For me personally, its not the point of monitoring the radio traffic, its figuring out what frequencies they may use. That way if I did find it exciting, I know where to listen :)

ecps92

If it transmits, it is worth identifying. PL, DPL, channel names.

Yes each to their own. Not everyone listens to Police, Fire, EMS

There are those who do Military, Mil-Air, Commercial Air, Marine, Taxi, Schools, Businesses etc

Status
Not open for further replies.