Bassmaster Contest in Union Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

odlaw

Does anybody have any info on comms used for these events. This is expected to draw 30,000 people to a town of 1500 or so. Gov is also expected to visit
Thanks

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Well thats what the plan was when it was in our area...never drew that much people to town. I also never noticed any different comms than normal. Even when out on our fire boat most of the guys dont use marine radios, or even have them.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I would imagine they would use one of the CNY system's "events" or "major ops" TG's if it's actually going to be that large.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I guess that could happen. As I said we hosted 2 (or maybe 3) times in Oneida Lake (borders onondaga and oswego) and no event channel was ever assigned nor was it a big deal. The openeing day normally had an ambulance on site at the marina but no special channels. The first year everyone was worried and we staffed our rescue boat at the FD and never got one call. They also never assigned us an event channel. We were told to use normal dispatch stuff. The last 2 years we didn't even staff our boat.

As far as the "event" staff folks we never even heard them on marine channels. There was a little chatter on some frs channels at the weigh in station but thats it. I dont think i saw one boat in the parking lot with a marnie radio...come to think of it I dont know if i have ever seen a bass boat with a marine radio

Status
Not open for further replies.