Bastrop GATRRS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
I did search the forums for an answer on this, but couldn't find one. Sorry if it's a little elementary.

I don't actually live in the Bastrop County area, but I'm programming a Pro-106 radio for a friend who does. On the GATRRS page, I see two towers listed in Bastrop County.

There is a "Bastrop County" (Site 007 [7]) tower and a "Bastrop Simulcast" (Site 040 [28)] tower.

Is the first meant for Bastrop County talkgroups exclusively and the other tower meant for Austin/Travis County traffic exclusively?

If so, why would Austin need a repeater tower way out in Bastrop County??

Thanks for any help. And if you happen to have any other tips for programming in Bastrop County, please let me know. I hate programming "blind" if you know what I mean.

Bart
Corpus Christi, TX

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Site 40 should carry the SO, PD, etc.for Bastrop County agencies. Site 7 was there first and carried GATRRS traffic in Bastrop Co before Bastrop Co migrated to P25 and joined GATTRS. Don't forget GATTRS carries more than Public Safety traffic. I always assumed site 7 was there to support utilities like Austin Energy,Water or Solid waste operations. Is there a power plant in Bastrop Co? or some other Austin support entity? There may be other facilities in Bastrop County that requires communications back and forth to Austin. Not all users have been identified.

Russell

Montz816

Emergency Communications
Premium Subscriber
While i was posted at the LCRA Lost Pines Power Plant / Sim Gideon Power Plant we had many drills and simulated attack training that had A/TC EMS AUSTIN / FD / TXDPS / LCRA Police / Bastrop PD / Bastrop FD and other agencies, Bastrop needs their own tower for the system they are now a part of but it is a great resource for mutual aid and patching channels together during a emergency.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
Montz, I'm a little confused by your comment. You're saying Bastrop needs its own tower. Does that mean they DO CURRENTLY HAVE their own tower? If so, which one?

And I didn't think the Bastrop County agencies were even a part of LCRA, but GATRRS instead.

Please clarify. Thanks.

Montz816

Emergency Communications
Premium Subscriber
im sorry i am at work so i am kinda scatter brained. Bastrop has the GATRRS tower #7 to cover the area with better radio communications. In ref the LCRA they are not part of the LCRA system but in response to Russel's question i was advising the power plants. There also is the interoperability patches as seen in the LCRA page we have many patches to many agencies to assist them on calls and for them to assist us during a emergency. Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies there is often times when we need mult agencies to assist in a emergency or a drill VIDEO: mock disaster response drill - BlackListed News - Archive. Im sorry if i am confusing i am at work and have to jump back and forth from this and calls. Let me know if i didnt touch on the topic you wanted.

Thanks

rbarker

Robert
Don't mean to confuse anyone but Bastrop is STILL using both the old (5 channel TRS) and the 851.95 linked to Austin. I recently passed though the area and heard traffic on both. Not sure if they are simulcast but i suspect one may be like a north tower and the other a south tower. The same holds true for Lee Co, they are still on their old System too.

Status
Not open for further replies.