BATA Buses (Grand Traverse Co) radio system switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
Since mid-December, I haven't heard any radio traffic on 159.570 MHz (Bay Area Transportation Authority)'s radio frequency. I haven't noticed any antenna swaps on any of the buses, there's always been a puck-shaped one up there but I'm 99% sure it's for the Mobile Data Terminals in the vehicles. There's always been a radio antenna in the front and another in the back, and neither of those have been removed on any of the buses I've seen recently.
Can anyone in the Grand Traverse County area figure out if they've gone to the MPSCS, gotten a new frequency, moved to a trunked system, etc? I've been trying some various frequencies with no results.

Thanks for any help I can get,

NVanW27

KE8KNQ

I just recently did some research on the tag Bay area transportation authority and found a list of new frequencies 153.0125 and 159.5025 I went to those frequencies and heard a DMR digital sound I do not have a DMR radio 153.0125 seems to be the output and 159.5025 seems to be the input I hear noise on both channels simultaneously.

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
I just recently did some research on the tag Bay area transportation authority and found a list of new frequencies 153.0125 and 159.5025 I went to those frequencies and heard a DMR digital sound I do not have a DMR radio 153.0125 seems to be the output and 159.5025 seems to be the input I hear noise on both channels simultaneously.

thanks for this! I’m going to be purchasing an adapter for my computer running DSD+ to receive radio signals, and I can figure out if this is an encrypted or trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.