Batteries for a BC246T, regular or rechargeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

This subject has probably been beat to death. Opinion from BC246T owners. What's your preference in batteries, regular, got a favorite brand? or rechargeable, the ones that came with it or up-grade?

mdickerson17

Regular battery's drain way too quick in the 246! The ones that came with it were ok but I upgraded to energizer rechargeable and get about 15 hours between charges! Rechargeable is the best way to go in my opinion!

pmstern

I purchased my 246 in September, 2009 and I am still using the rechargeables that came with the radio. I am having absolutely no problems with the batteries and they seem to last for hours.

My vote is rechargeable all the way, also rechargeable batteries are better for the environment as well.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
rechargeable for sure

for example..
$5 pack of AA alkalines last one day (one charge)...
a $10 pack of rechargeables can last for months and months

most good rechargeables will last just as long as most high end alkalines

if the rechargeables are going to be "sitting" or unsed for a weeks/month I suggest the low-drain / pre-charged / hybrid batteries that will hold the charge longer then standard nimh

SCPD

QRT

I use Sanyo Eneloop batteries as Sanyo is recognized by those in the know in the battery industry as one of the better manufacturers.

I think that the newer Hybrid ones are better as they can be depended upon when you need them as they don't self discharge quickly like other type of batteries.

Chargers .. Definitely agree with CStarr59. the MH-C9000 just rocks. I see it is being sold at a awesome price as well.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
Rechargeables for my radios. Lately, I have been using Sanyo eneloop due to their shelf life

Status
Not open for further replies.