Batteries for handheld Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
As long as you know the difference between the real 14500 lithium (3.7V) which is the size of a AA battery...
Using those would smoke your radio big time...
The reason I would not use the Hybrid AA Lithium battery (1.5V) is because they don't have the capacity of a NiMh AA battery...
Reason being is because space is lost inside the battery package to provide a buck converter to drop the voltage to 1.5V...
All Lithium Batts are 3.7V nominal...

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
See the specs on those batts...

• Manufacturer Rated Power: 2800mWh
  • Manufacturer Rated Capacity: 756mah...
Thats not 2800mah... It's 756mah A little deceptive when you read it... NiMh batts are higher capacity ...

snerd

Listening.....
I use the Eneloop, rechargeable NiMh. Bought a big Sun Labz charger way back when. Has served me well over many years of scanning and photography!

I use the energizer 2300 mah batteries from walmart with the slow charger which costs about $15. I have used these for years with no problem. DO NOT USE A FAST CHARGER.

Eng74

I have been using these batteries since the PSR-500 came out.
Also been using their chargers to take care of the batteries.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I've had good luck with the Eneloop Pros; I use them with a Maha gang charger and also the MH-C9000 charger/analyzer referenced earlier. If you use your scanner all the time (like me) you will need to replace them every couple years, but they work pretty darn well.

I have used the everready rechargeble batteries for several years now. I use the 2300 mah. I like the charger sold at Walmart for about $15.oo. it comes with 1300 mah batteries, but you can buy an 4 pk or an 8 pk of 2300 mah. 4 pk is $10.00 and the 8 pk is $20.00. Walmart also sells a fast charger, but i do not recommend this one. The 1300 mah are useful as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.