Batteries in 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel

What happens if you let the radio run dead does it corrupt the card or do you just change charge them up,just curious?

troymail

Silent Key
If you are using any recording or logging features - any features that are writing to the disk - and they are active when the batteries hit DEAD, you run the risk of corruption.

Best to not let the batteries run to DEAD -- and you should always power off and on when switching from batteries to USB cable power, etc.

SCPD

QRT
The 800 won't let you run DEAD. It turns off with like 5% remaining. I can always turn it back on but it will turn off when somebody starts speaking.

Psr\gre 800

i love this scanner but has to be the worse scanner when it comes to battery life time.my old scanner pro-96 lasted days before i had to re-charge batteries.but it works way better than anay other scanner i had

Kel

I agree,I could go a good day on my 500,but now if I get 6 hours at normal scanning and volume I am doing good,but I have to admit it might not be the best looking radio but it does perform excellent,I programmed mine with the EZ Scan software and did some custom programming.I can't wait until the base/mobile version comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.