Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg9qm

I found some 2500 mAh AA Energizers in a 12 pack at Home Depot. I forget what I paid now, but after looking in several places, those were by far the best price.

I found some really low priced 'Digital' brand at Big Lots a couple years ago and they were good performers. I think they were about $1.50 each. Worked fine but only for a couple years, then went downhill fast.

I bought some MaHa PowerEx from Thomas Distributing once, but their prices have gone way up AND there's the shipping charges on top of that.

http://thomasdistributing.com/shop/-nimh-rechargeable--aa-nimh-batteries-c-122_104_106.html

LEH

Premium Subscriber
As the 250 is a 'battery pack' of AA's, you can make your own if you don't mind doing a bit of soldering (and you make sure to keep the lead to the scanner).

I've started using the Sanyo Enoloops. I've found a package (with a charger I didn't need) at Costco. Think there were eight AA and a couple of AAA's plus charger for about $25.

The Encoloops do hold their charge a lot longer than regular rechargeables (but if you're running the scanner all the time that really isn't all that important).

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
Duracell 2650's are on sale at Kroger's (dont know if you have one near you or not) for $7.99. Coupled with the Maha 9000, they're running like champs for me.

On a full charge, leaving the backlight alone, I get 10-12 hours per set.

KR4BD

The BEST Batteries I have Found....

For the second year in-a-row, I bought a package of 12 NiMH AA batteries at the Dayton Hamvention from a dealer in the flea market. The dozen only cost $20 and are rated at 2900 mah. The dozen I bought a year ago have been in daily use in my scanners and digital cameras (I do photography for a living).

The brand name is: Power2000 "Professional" (made in China) They are black, orange and yellow in color

I have seen them offered on the internet at a slightly higher price. Unfortunately, I did not get the dealer's name that had them in Dayton....BUT I can vouch for their superiority to everything else I have found.

By the way, they last for about 20 hours in my Pro-97 on a single charge and will last all day in a heavily used digital camera.

blinddog50

enloops by Sanyo.
Take and hold a charge better than anything I have tried.
If you have a Costco near you they have package that includes a holder(like a little briefcase), charger, 8 AA's, 4 AAA's and adapters for charging C's and D's.
Costs around $24.
You may find it at www.costco.com if you are not near one.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
BigJimbo said:
Duracell 2650's are on sale at Kroger's (dont know if you have one near you or not) for $7.99.

$6.99 at the kroger store here, they have been for quite a few months now, needless to say i now own SEVERAL packages

Status
Not open for further replies.