Batteries !!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

firetrux745

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, i just got a new gre psr 400 from the scanner masters website . I was wondering if there is a battery backup , so that if my power goes out i can still use it . I am asking this because on the website it say the weight of the scanner with out batteries . Any help is appreciated

thanks ,firetrux

ampulman

I'm not a '400' owner, but browsing the specs, it appears that it doesn't use batteries, notwithstanding the 'without batteries' statement.

Are you subject to frequent power outages? An uninterruptable power supply (computer stores) would cover you, and being that the current drain is ~200 ma, the power should last quite a bit.

Amp

Deeke

Like ampulman suggested, a UPS (small w/ 4ahr battery) would hold you for about 10-12 hrs, depending on the activity.
We were w/o power during hurricane Katrina. I was running a PSR600. I turned off back-lights and locked out unneeded objects/talk groups. I also skipped unneeded systems. I was running about 18 hrs with a 7ahr battery.

Walmart or Biglots have some at reasonable prices.
hth

firetrux745

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Everyone , yeah i was considering a U.P.S. but i figured i would ask before i spent my money on something i didnt need , but i am probably going to buy one of those now

Thanks Again , Firetrux

Status
Not open for further replies.