Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

godskidz

Hi.
The batteries in my 246t (after about twelve hours of charging) last only around three-
four hours.
They are eight months old.
The original batteries.
What is a good replacement rechargable battery for them.
Thanks
GOD BLESS

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
godskidz said:
Hi.
The batteries in my 246t (after about twelve hours of charging) last only around three-
four hours.
They are eight months old.
The original batteries.
What is a good replacement rechargable battery for them.
Thanks
GOD BLESS

How about doing a search on 'Batteries'? I've had success with Energizers purchased @ local Wal-Mart. Charge them with Maha 401FS.

Search for other opinions..

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
JnglMassiv said:
I use the Energizer 2500mAh nickel-metal hydrides with the MAHA MH-C777PLUS-II.

Link: http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=185

Fantastic charger. I'm already looking forward to getting rid of all my giant, clunky Motorola chargers for my two-way collection.

Great charger. I have one of these too.

The one problem/issue for the application we're talking about is that it will charge the batteries in series. I have read that as cells age their charge characteristics change. So it is better to have a charger like the 401FS where each cell can be charged individually.

JnglMassiv

b52hbuff said:
Great charger. I have one of these too.

The one problem/issue for the application we're talking about is that it will charge the batteries in series. I have read that as cells age their charge characteristics change. So it is better to have a charger like the 401FS where each cell can be charged individually.
If the AA's were big ticket items, I might be concerned. Seeing as they're, at most, a few dollars each, I'll take my chances. Still, good to know there's a possible 'issue'. I primarily got the C777 for my Motorola battery packs. Most ot the factory chargers are huge and the little MAHA replaces them all. I can't recommend it highly enough.

safetyobc

I bought 2500 mAh's from Wal-Mart. Pack of 8 for $10.00.

You can also buy an Energizer 30 minute charger with 4 2500 mAh batteries for about $30.00 at Wal-Mart. I have purchased the Duracell 2500's as well.

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.