Battery cover for a GRE PSR-800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

They are next to impossible to find right now.

Reason being is the PSR800 and Radio Shack PRO-18 (which has the same battery door) were made in limited quantities.

The company that made them is DOA but another company took them over.

Perhaps the new company (Whistler) will make replacement parts and you can get the door then.

Otherwise, its pretty hopeless finding one.

Yep,,I thinks Whistler is going to be the only bet,If they re-release their version of the 800...
EBAY would be another road,Just need to look,like every day 5 times a day.And you'll likely
pay a bloated price.

Im hoping whistler brings their version to market,I need a new faceplate.But I too am S-O-L!

How did you lose the batt cover?...

Nasby

That's a very generous offer Kel.

I would jump on it in a second if I needed one!

Kel

Got a few new ones here,I believe I have I few more shiny ones,they came with the plastic pull off cover,I had the chance to buy some parts from GRE just before they closed,I had made a call looking for a side cover for the USB and ended up buying battery covers and faceplates,they sell fast when you can't get them and people need them.

radiomanNJ1

Whistler has said that they bought the intellectual property rights from GRE and that around Nov. they will be releasing new scanners including support for the GRE line.
Sounds like a little knock on the GRE brand in this thread.
We will never know the truth about GRE exiting the radio business.

puzzleriddle

link or something to prove what you think they said. ?. they will not be offering support the older models just few select 1's in the most lineup(s). maybe a 1/2 dozen or so VERY recent models.

I have an older GRE product (Pro-96) that has gaffer's tape and rubber bands holding the battery case in place. I've have been searching around for a battery cover for a long time and pretty much abandoned looking. I think I'd have better success finding someone with a 3-D printer and making one at this point.

cocomonk22

Still looking for a cover. Do any of the other Grecom or Whistler scanners use the same cover as the PSR-800?

Status
Not open for further replies.