Battery Holder for Pro-37 / Pro-43 needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know where I can find a battery holder for a Pro-37/Pro-43? No luck with Google or eBay.

How about trying Radio Shack??

Call and ask if part number 10657013 is available through RSU.

crcarter

How about trying Radio Shack??

Call and ask if part number 10657013 is available through RSU.

Honestly I didn't even consider it. Several years ago I needed a battery holder for a Pro-96. Called RS and after them looking for over an hour, they finally told me they found it. When it arrived it was a generic 4 x AA holder with pigtail wires.... "You've got questions? We don't have a clue...".

I have sent them an email, but may resort to calling when I have a day with nothing to do. Their "Legacy Support" page has a 2005 copyright date.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Honestly I didn't even consider it. Several years ago I needed a battery holder for a Pro-96. Called RS and after them looking for over an hour, they finally told me they found it. When it arrived it was a generic 4 x AA holder with pigtail wires.... "You've got questions? We don't have a clue...".

I have sent them an email, but may resort to calling when I have a day with nothing to do. Their "Legacy Support" page has a 2005 copyright date.

Here is a link for the parts list. You may have to try a significant number of different Radio Shack Stores (even company owned stores) to find someone who

(1) is willing to help you
(2) knows how to look it up to see if it is available
(3) knows how to take your order

It has been my experience over and over again that most (even company owned) stores will not make it past #1 or #2.

Realistic PRO-37 Programmable Scanner 200-0138 Detailed Parts List

crcarter

Here is a link for the parts list. You may have to try a significant number of different Radio Shack Stores (even company owned stores) to find someone who

(1) is willing to help you
(2) knows how to look it up to see if it is available
(3) knows how to take your order

It has been my experience over and over again that most (even company owned) stores will not make it past #1 or #2.

And from the online RS customer service:

Thank you for contacting RadioShack.com.

For assistance in locating replacement parts for Pro-37 or Pro-43 please visit your local RadioShack Store.

God forbid that a company actually have customer service......

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
10657013 is available through RSU and is orderable at any company owned Radio Shack through the new POS system. The sales associage enters the number just like a catalog number

TPC2075

"yes" I think I have a few battery holders that fix those two radio shack scanners,I bought several years ago for my own ,pro43,37,I seem to never get rid of my parts just in case i need or some body else is looking for one.
I also have a few key top (rubber)buttons,key pad for the pro43 ,if your interested ?

Rory , Give me a Call,805-991-6631
TPC2075

crcarter

"yes" I think I have a few battery holders that fix those two radio shack scanners,I bought several years ago for my own ,pro43,37,I seem to never get rid of my parts just in case i need or some body else is looking for one.
I also have a few key top (rubber)buttons,key pad for the pro43 ,if your interested ?

Rory , Give me a Call,805-991-6631
TPC2075

PM sent.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

If that doesn't work out, have you checked with GRE? They made the radio.

crcarter

10657013 is available through RSU and is orderable at any company owned Radio Shack through the new POS system. The sales associage enters the number just like a catalog number

Well, this is what I was told at the Russell, KY store less than an hour ago. The 10657013 is one digit too long and when he tried to enter it, it came up as a laptop battery that was over $100. Explained that I had gotten the # from a RS source and it was a valid #. Even used the "RSU" & "POS" keywords. Now I was told that different stores could order different things, but Russell is a company store... If only I wanted to buy a phone I could have left happy.....

After Christmas I will start checking other stores.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Well, this is what I was told at the Russell, KY store less than an hour ago. The 10657013 is one digit too long and when he tried to enter it, it came up as a laptop battery that was over $100. Explained that I had gotten the # from a RS source and it was a valid #. Even used the "RSU" & "POS" keywords. Now I was told that different stores could order different things, but Russell is a company store... If only I wanted to buy a phone I could have left happy.....

After Christmas I will start checking other stores.

Somehow I knew that would be the outcome!

crcarter

10657013 HOLDER,BATTERY CASE $4.99 In Stock

Not sure what they did or did not do but I just entered that number in my POS and it came up with the correct part and price.

Can I call you at your store and have you order it and shipped to me?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
No, can not take orders over the phone. The stores on the Ashland area should know what to do unless they have been sniffing too much of the air down wind from the refineries.

crcarter

No, can not take orders over the phone. The stores on the Ashland area should know what to do unless they have been sniffing too much of the air down wind from the refineries.

The Russell store is upwind. It is right across the road from AK Steel. Possibly a roll or two fell off the truck and hit some heads.

Would it be too much trouble to ask, STEP BY STEP, how a RS employee would locate and order something for me?

Last edited:

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Would it be too much trouble to ask, STEP BY STEP, how a RS employee would locate and order something for me?

Can not do but if they do not know how to order parts, thet can either look up the procedure in the store system or call another store for directions.

PS: Its been over 25 years since I lived in Morehead but I bet eastern KY is still pretty much the same as then.

crcarter

Can not do but if they do not know how to order parts, thet can either look up the procedure in the store system or call another store for directions.

PS: Its been over 25 years since I lived in Morehead but I bet eastern KY is still pretty much the same as then.

I believe I will try the RS in New Boston, OH. That is where I got my last scanner from RS. The guy over there actually seemed to know what he was doing.

Morehead has grown past I-64 on the Flemingsburg side. They just got a Super Walmart a few years ago. Still nothing between Morehead - Grayson and Morehead - Mt. Sterling.

crcarter

I stopped in the S. Point, OH store Sunday after church and actually found an employee who was willing to help. It took a few phone calls for him to find out how to do it, but he was persistent. I decided to order 3 of the battery holders since they were only $4.99.

Thanks for all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.