Battery In and Outs On HP-1 and 436 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Have decided to take everyone's advice, and charge batteries outside of the units.
Re the door and battery compartment on:

HP-1 and 436

These battery compartment doors, and the electrical battery clips, I would imagine, are good for
only so many openings and battery in-outs.

Anything to be concerned or aware about "constantly" putting batteries in and out, in and out, etc...
Damage history ?

B.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I've been changing batteries once a day or so since I bought the 436 (March 2014) and the HP2 (Fall 2014). No problems so far.

troymail

Silent Key
I've been changing batteries once a day or so since I bought the 436 (March 2014) and the HP2 (Fall 2014). No problems so far.

Ditto on the 436.

If all else fails, I believe Uniden actually sells replacement battery doors.

Slightly off topic but related: I am much more concerned about the poor design/implementation of the SD card holder. I routinely remove the card to pull recordings (takes far too long over the cable). I tend to both swap batteries and pull/dump the SD card at the same time (typically when the radio starts crashing/rebooting itself to disable recording and/or when my threshhold for pain is exceeded by the radio ignoring my pressing of the buttons - which is also tied to the amount of information on the SD card).

Status
Not open for further replies.