battery life 296

Status
Not open for further replies.

friedthat

okay yes i know there is another thread, but
i am really gettin frusterated. i have a 296D scanner with a NEW, i repeat NEW 2500mAh NiMH pack and after charging it fully in an external charger i finally got. and also when ifully charge it in the actual scanner it self. IT only last for 30 mins then BEEP that beeping last for 1 1/3 hours then the thing is dead... and compared to the 1500 which is sh*t last only 20 mins lol is there something wrong with my scanner. i see other ppl on this forum thta have 4 hours life out of their 1500 mAh and ppl thta have 2500 mAh get 8.3 hours.. soo what gives? i am strictly using it on talk groups and it is only scanning one bank and there really isn't alot of traffic and it is p25 digital.. is there anything that i should do to it maybe the card settings? or something that will make it last the full amount it is supose to.. and yes the battery save option is ON.
any techy person out there that can shed some light on this matter ??
thanks

Napalm

Sounds like the charger didn't charge them fully.

Try charging them in the set if possible...? See if it makes a difference.

friedthat

Napalm said:
Sounds like the charger didn't charge them fully.

Try charging them in the set if possible...? See if it makes a difference.
i have charged them in my scanner first, then i went out and bought a NEW external charger 6V 300mA
i don't find any difference in the time.. MAYBE the batteries got messed up because i had charged them initially in the scanner ( and lets say the scanner charger mechanism is not right) would that mess the batteries for life even if i put them in the external i bought.. cause if it doesnt then that meant it isn't the charger's .. i still think it is the scanner draining too much power but i dunno how that is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.