battery pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

friedthat

hey,
Just wondering how long does the average new 1500mAh battery pack last in the uniden BCD296D scanner. and also if any one has done this, a 2600mAh battery pack in the 296d, and how long should it last for.
ALSO if i am too impatient to charge the 2600 mAh battery pack in the 296D scanner . where could i buy a external charger that will accomodate the 4.8V 2600mAh Nickle Metal Hydride, (maybe somewhere local like in Ontario)
thanks

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
If you charge the larger battery in the radio, which most posters advise against for a variety of good reasons, remember that a battery that is 2x the size of the original will require 2x the time to charge.

friedthat

okay but you havent answered my question. that is, how long does a 1500 mAh battery last fully charged in a 296d?
also in reponse to your post, why do people advise against larger capacity batteries?
thanks

car2back

friedthat said:
okay but you havent answered my question. that is, how long does a 1500 mAh battery last fully charged in a 296d?
also in reponse to your post, why do people advise against larger capacity batteries?
thanks

I have a UBC-3000 (the unlocked 250) and it lasts about 5-8 hours for me with no backlight depending on what I am listening to (The Tulsa Metro TRS has alot of traffic on it)

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
friedthat said:
thanks
If I had a 296 I'd answer specifically. The advice is universal and something most folks don't remember, then they are disappointed when their new high-capacity battery doesn't seem to last any longer than the old battery after charging the same amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.