• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Battery Question for Upman

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMS-1

I have a BC250D Scanner that uses the BP250 Battery Pack and my question is : The Manual (which incidentally reads like a chinese typewriter) states that you have to charge the battery for so many hours and then to disconnect the Wall Plug Charger when the battery is fully charged, What I want to know is whether I can leave the Wall Wart attached while listening to the scanner without damaging the scanner because it does get quite warm after being plugged up for a while ?. Or do I have to unplug the battery pack to use the AC power adapter ?. Thanks.......Carl

UPMan

Uniden Representative
Premium Subscriber
Continuously leaving the charger plugged in will reduce the battery pack's useful life. It should not harm the scanner itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.