Battery switch for 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoDo

I know not to charge batteries in my 800, I use a Maha charger for that. But can I put in rechargeable batteries in my unit and put the switch for alkaline so when I plug the unit into the wall it will run on a/c power and not charge the batteries?

Thanks in advance!

ampulman

Not owning an 800, I can't tell you for sure, but I do that with my Uniden 396T. The switch disables the charge. The 'alkaline' position doesn't affect using plain old 'carbon-zinc' batteries.

Can't do that with my PRO-106. Setting the charging time to zero does NOT disable charging if using the yellow holder.

I get around that by using the yellow holder as a spare when mobile. Gotta remember to remove it later.

mikey60

I know not to charge batteries in my 800, I use a Maha charger for that. But can I put in rechargeable batteries in my unit and put the switch for alkaline so when I plug the unit into the wall it will run on a/c power and not charge the batteries?

Thanks in advance!

You can use the alkaline setting to prevent charging in the 800. The only issue with that is from what I've read it will change the voltage levels where the scanner will sound the low battery alert and when it will power off.

You can leave the switch in the NiMH position and set the charge time to disabled, but if you do that, make sure you set that in any and all V-Scanner folders you may have.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.