Battery University?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Mike,

I think that site has some great information. Maybe a reconfiguration of the Scanner Accessories page so that there is a "Scanner Power Sources" separate page where those topics listed like "Battery Packs", "DC Power Cords and Connectors", "AC Power Cords", & "Power Supplies" could be grouped with an a bit of introduction about batteries & powering the scanner; there a link to this site would be appropriate.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It is a good idea, Lou, but right now work is a bit more important. You can have that done by Tuesday, right? (hi) 73s Mike

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ka3jjz said:
It is a good idea, Lou, but right now work is a bit more important. You can have that done by Tuesday, right? (hi) 73s Mike
Is it Tuesday already!!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Nope - but I see you put a nice page together anyway!

One link that I couldn't find - I had the blasted thing, but it got lost - was that someone was selling pre wired cigarette type cords for the 396 and some of the other Uniden DMA radios. I don't know if that person is still doing this, but it's a link that definitely belongs there if he still is doing it. 73 Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Mike, were you talking about this one? It's the latest (updated) Ebay item number from the one that was posted a number of month's back.

The other one that I know works, which I use for my 246/330/396, is from Radio Shack, is this one, using adaptaplug B. But that link's already on the Uniden scanner pages.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yep, I think that is it. Unfortunately it looks like the end time is coming up this week, otherwise it deserves to be on the page. Interesting link, tho 73s Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I also noticed the end time. Looks like the link would be a 'moving target'. I found the original post, tried that link. Got the famous 'this auction has ended' message', and the link just above was at the bottom of the page under 'similar items'. Too bad they don't do it as an Ebay "store", instead of just reposting as a new item when it expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.