BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Batterys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundman

My batterys are only lasting 2 hours .I thought thy were going to last for 8 hours ???? I only have had this scanners for less then 6 month . Could someone help me out . I would like to lison to my scanner longer then 2 hours .
Thanks

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Are you leaving the back light on all the time?

Using the supplied batteries, I'm getting a good day of scanning, no problem.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I use Sanyo Eneloops and the factory-supplied batteries, and both give me about 8 hours of use. If you have the backlight always on, that will shorten battery life.

Soundman

I use the ones that come with the scanner and I do charger it .It just seam odd that it just dies after 2 hours .

kb8rvp

BCD436HP Batterys

Are you charging them in the scanner? If so how long to you have the charge time set to? If you go into the menu and then go to settings and then battery options you can set the charge time. Set the battery charge for a longer period of time and then you should get longer play per charge. You may just have it set to short.

Mike

kc2kth

It could be one or more of the cells are bad. Assuming you didn't reset the charge timer in the scanner, what are you plugging the scanner's USB cable in to? I plug into a wall outlet (mains for any lurking Europe friends) using an Apple USB to 110v adapter "cube" meant for iPhone charging. These are known to provide close to 1A reliably (unlike the knockoff ones which can kill you). Once I charge for a good 7-8 hours if I check the battery voltage (momentarily press the multifunction control on top while the scanner is on) I see a bit over 4V or so, maybe as high as 4.3V. Arguably a bit high for rechargables, but more importantly is that the value is roughly consistent each time I charge.

kc2kth

I'd swap out the batteries with new ones. Eneloop were mentioned above and I have some of those myself. Anything 2200mah rated should give you plenty of run time. Personally I'd also make sure and not use a higher powered charger like the 2.0 or 2.1 ampere rated ones. Stick with a 1 amp type - keeps the batteries cooler and they should last for years. Hot batteries quickly become deceased batteries.

wtp

another reason

heat is a bad thing. that is why using an external charger is good. when charged in the radio it is like a little oven keeping in the heat. and don't bother with the cheap ones that just charge like for cameras. and never use a fast charger that says charge in one hour. you want a charger that quits only when the batteries are full.
some of the chargers and the radio will charge for 14 hours and if the power blinks for a second at 13 hours goes on to charge for another 14 hours. i spent $70 for the 9000 and was not even working full time at that time. but living in florida i only use my radio on batteries and never plugged in.
and yes the charger will charge 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 and do AA or AAA you can do a diffeerent thing to any cell individually.

kb8rvp

BCD436HP Batterys

I use a cell phone charger from Verizon.

So you are using a wall charger from Verizon but you’re charging the batteries in the scanner correct? If so like I suggested in the above comment you can change/increase the amount of hours the batteries charge inside the scanner from for example 6 hours to 10 hours or whatever you have your scanner set to. Have you tried going into the menu and changing it?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.