Bay Area Mutual Aid - Dispatcher Hot Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac916

I asked this question in the California, but no responses from the Bay Area --

How does the Bay Area (SF, East Bay, South Bay etc) handle Dispatcher to Dispatcher communications?

Talk Groups, CLERS, Conventional, Landline, or Microwave intercom?

Taking a poll (for a study) on how Comm Centers talk to each other during mutual aid events like; pursuits, Code 3 cover, perimeters etc.

PS: Interested in the methods, not the specific Talk Groups/Freqs

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Not sure about all those areas, but out here in Santa Cruz, and from what I've heard from the Morgan Hill and Gilroy areas, CLEMARS is pretty common for dispatch to dispatch communications. Back when there was a multiple location fiber cut that affected phone service, including a lot of dispatch to repeater wireline links, CLEMARS was pretty busy. From our dispatch in Santa Cruz, we could easily talk to and hear Santa Clara County, Morgan Hill PD, Gilroy PD as well as NETCOM in Santa Cruz and Monterey County.

For pursuits, it's more common (at least in this area), to use a mutually agreed upon channel for responding units. In the Santa Cruz area, this is usually Santa Cruz County Sheriff Red channel.

Not sure about the other areas you are asking about.

I asked this question in the California, but no responses from the Bay Area --

How does the Bay Area (SF, East Bay, South Bay etc) handle Dispatcher to Dispatcher communications?

Talk Groups, CLERS, Conventional, Landline, or Microwave intercom?

Taking a poll (for a study) on how Comm Centers talk to each other during mutual aid events like; pursuits, Code 3 cover, perimeters etc.

PS: Interested in the methods, not the specific Talk Groups/Freqs

I know the south Bay use BayMACS you can read about here http://svria.org/sites/default/files/BayMACS and TransMACS Descriptions final [1].pdf

But as soon as the 700mhz system comes on in the Southbay they wont need anymore

whisper16

Fire Departments in Santa Clara County use what is known as the RedNet for interagency coordination. This is a low band channel. All requests for in county mutual aid are made on this channel.

silagi

Premium Subscriber
San Mateo County has a microwave phone system that connects all the comm centers. We also have common county TAC channels that we all share. Often times comm centers will talk to other comm centers on the TAC channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.