Bay Cities Ambulance / Metro West Ambulance Unit IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Metro West owns Bay Cities Ambulance (BCA) in Coos Bay and Bandon as well as Pacfic West Ambulance in Lincoln County and MW also has a medic unit up in Warrenton.

Recently Bay Cities has changed some of their unit numbers. Their Ambulances are still "Medic 1" through "Medic 9" and their wheelchair vans went from "Unit 10" to "Unit 19" but some are now "233" or "929" while at least one of them is still "Unit 10" Just heard another wheelchair van with a 3 or 4 digit ID with the last of "51"

What are Metro West's unit numbers? I am curious if "Metro Units" as BCA calls them, have similar unit IDs since they are all under the same ownership.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
What are Metro West's unit numbers? I am curious if "Metro Units" as BCA calls them, have similar unit IDs since they are all under the same ownership.

Are you talking about the same company that operates in Washington County? If so, their call signs up here are just 2 numbers long. Like "Metro West 76" or "MW76" on CAD. I think they range from Units 50-80 here. I haven't seen one numbered any lower or higher than that.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
MetroWest has a "volunteer" ambulance up in Vernonia, but MEDIX runs Clatsop County (also owned by MW).

Here in Washington County, ambulances range from MW34 to MW84, the 8x units being supervisor units. MEDIX units generally are 2xx. Not sure about Pac West.

Last edited:

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I'm not sure what BCA is doing. it just seemed strange that they would change some of their unit IDs just all of a sudden. They have also stopped multicasting their dispatcher on "Shutter" their northernmost repeater.

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
Also Pac West Ambulance is referred as "Medic 11, Medic 12, ect." Pacific West provided medical coverage in Southern Tillamook County as well until years ago Tillamook Hopsital put their own units in that part of the county (referred to as 8241). But when Pac West did provide medical for that area we would always hear Medic 11/12 or 13 tapped to move up from Lincoln City.

Status
Not open for further replies.