BAY COUNTY FEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic9351301

Banned
HAS ANYONE NOTICED ANY ISSUES .
BEEN MONITORING 2 HOURS VERY LITTLE TRAFFIC.
WHEN IT DOES COME IN ITS BROKEN AND ONE SIDED NO REPLIES BACK.
SOUNDS LIKE LSM IN MY THOUGHTS .

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
HAS ANYONE NOTICED ANY ISSUES .
BEEN MONITORING 2 HOURS VERY LITTLE TRAFFIC.
WHEN IT DOES COME IN ITS BROKEN AND ONE SIDED NO REPLIES BACK.
SOUNDS LIKE LSM IN MY THOUGHTS .
At one time I forgot what mobile scanner they were using. Now they are using this This feed is currently fed by SDRTrunk and a HackRF receiver. not sure if that is the case of LSM.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
If you are talking about the Broadcastify feed for Bay County, if you click on Report a Problem, that will send an email to the feed provider letting them know what's up.

(also no need to shout either ;))

medic9351301

Banned
well all i know its sounded great the first part of the week now it sounds like crap.
it really sounds like lsm . i deal with on a daily basis . its been 6 hours since i heard anything.
the most in the past was like 5 mins of quiet time . we deal with it every day on the assignment desk at work .

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
At times on dsdplus it throws its fits guessing depending on freq and tower and control channel. I think I live like 2 miles from a nearest site.

Skibs

I have a SDS 100 Scanner with the latest firmware and database download. I was able to listen to Bay County's Project 25 transmissions till a couple days ago. Now I hear nothing. Any ideas on what happened? Is there anything I can do with my SDS 100 Scanner to be able to receive the Bay County Public Services (Project 25)?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS 100 Scanner with the latest firmware and database download. I was able to listen to Bay County's Project 25 transmissions till a couple days ago. Now I hear nothing. Any ideas on what happened? Is there anything I can do with my SDS 100 Scanner to be able to receive the Bay County Public Services (Project 25)?
Very odd you are having issues with the sds100. I am running the sds200 for new tg stuff and rid. I am using filter wide normal try that filter if not try wide invert. I put in all freqs listed also.

medic9351301

Banned
well now the feed is down. lets just hope and pray the have not went with the big e . if they did we are out of luck with this system. unidens will not pass encrypted traffic. meaning that you will not hear donald duck on meth sound. just have to look at your display for the enc to come up .

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
well now the feed is down. lets just hope and pray the have not went with the big e . if they did we are out of luck with this system. unidens will not pass encrypted traffic. meaning that you will not hear donald duck on meth sound. just have to look at your display for the enc to come up .
No Big E. Only a few bcso and 1 tg from lhpd has E. Way I was told they couldn’t Enc disp since they didn’t pay a Enc Key for the consoles. I remember when PCPD switched over someone hit the wrong key/button and enc showed up but in the clear voice and disp said repeat your traffic to the officer that keyed up. Than times shows D than Enc with no voice blockage guessing the system was having some glitches that week. Than ems switched over disp be talking than Enc showed up no issues with voice the medic came back amd said repeat transmission we heard water sound. Guessing someone was hitting the wrong button since they are new to the system and radios.

Skibs

I have my squelch level at zero and I still hear nothing (not even static). The scanner continuously ID Scans. I've changed the filter to Wide Normal and Wide Invert. I see high signal strengths on the display but scanner does not lock on the transmissions. I have cleared all user data and reloaded the frequency database and re-entered my favorites. All the defaults worked until the end of week, but now it's not working. Apparently the defaults do not work for the Bay County Public Services (Project 25). I do not have a lot of experience with the SDS 100 Scanner; hopefully I'm making a simple error. The live Bay County Public Safety Dispatch on Broadcastify appeared to also have issues last week. but seems to be working fine now.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
I have my squelch level at zero and I still hear nothing (not even static). The scanner continuously ID Scans. I've changed the filter to Wide Normal and Wide Invert. I see high signal strengths on the display but scanner does not lock on the transmissions. I have cleared all user data and reloaded the frequency database and re-entered my favorites. All the defaults worked until the end of week, but now it's not working. Apparently the defaults do not work for the Bay County Public Services (Project 25). I do not have a lot of experience with the SDS 100 Scanner; hopefully I'm making a simple error. The live Bay County Public Safety Dispatch on Broadcastify appeared to also have issues last week. but seems to be working fine now.
That's the same thing that happened to me when I was there in June. I thought my SDS100 was broke. I picked up some traffic but nothing like the old system. I live north of Columbus GA and everything programed for the whole trip. All down US 431 in Alabama to Dothan, never shut up. From Dothan down US 231 same thing. As soon as I turned right onto E 23rd St in PC it was like driving off into the Twilight Zone. Bits and pieces and some traffic every now and then, but nothing like the old Motorola system was.

medic9351301

Banned
sounds like favorites might be turned off or the service types might be turned off . maybe the have another control channel that ur missing . try a master reset wipe everything clean . re download the master data base , and try again if that dont help i am stumped .

Skibs

Using the Sentinel software I downloaded the database again. The database I downloaded today is dated August 15th. This updated database fixed all the problems I was having receiving Bay County Public Services (Project 25). It appears the problems I was having was related to the previous version of the database. Thanks to everyone providing possible solutions to my problem! I'm glad to be up and running again!

Status
Not open for further replies.