Bay County (Motorola Type II Smartnet & P25p2 00A.924B5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5NIO

Bay County is moving to a new Phase 2 system. The System has been submitted. For now only testing for coverage.

I am traveling to Santa Rosa beach later this week, does their current Type II system have coverage in that area? By the looks of the map I may be just on the fringe but are unsure. I have a feeling that they are going to follow Walton County and the surrounding areas with full-encryption.

Also if you have suggestions for what to listen to in Walton County that is not encrypted, I would appreciate any ideas. I see that there are some fire paging frequencies on UHF, but I assume all response channels are on SLERS. This is the one time I wish I had got an SDS-100 instead of a G4, so much provoice in the area.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
As far in the analog system not sure how far you’ll get any signal at Walton / bay line. As in Walton slers only thing is open is f/r PD/so enc. I didn’t hear much on vhf/uhf when I go to defunk area.

W5NIO

As far in the analog system not sure how far you’ll get any signal at Walton / bay line. As in Walton slers only thing is open is f/r PD/so enc. I didn’t hear much on vhf/uhf when I go to defunk area.

I think the defunk area uses a single site motorola DMR system, but I'm pretty sure that would not be reachable down along the coast, and Motorola has not added CPS to my cart yet so wouldn't be able to listen. Haven't been on an amateur radio repeater in forever, maybe I should hop back on that trend when I go.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
Any new info? I looked up a bit about the system and saw it was publicly announced in 2018 so there's a possibility it's been through research far beforehand. If I'm still home by June, I'll see if I can make a trip down to BC :D

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I think by 4/1 BCSO is switching over. I didn't hear much on the system just radio checks and testing and they are getting training on the new radios.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Back in Nov I was listening to the trolley's and heard some digital static. I turn to dsdplus and found the new system. There was no active audio for month just TG popping up and goes away. I've been watching it since Nov than Feb there was just radio check here and there and no channel naming. At first it was Phase l than Jan came around went to Phase ll.

kuzikan

I think by 4/1 BCSO is switching over. I didn't hear much on the system just radio checks and testing and they are getting training on the new radios.

So you are hearing comms in the clear? The earlier post about seeing multiple tgs but all encrypted had me kinda bummed. I hope be down there at the end of May.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
Idk if you'll know this but is it a requirement in FL for law comms to go encrypted or just preference once moved to digital?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm waiting for channel names to be confirm since RRDB Admin want the correct info not changing the tg too many times. The ENC won't be logged in since it is unknown who uses it.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Idk if you'll know this but is it a requirement in FL for law comms to go encrypted or just preference once moved to digital?
That might be the State System. County to County is different. Some counties in FL PD/SO is clear or some ENC. I think it depends on vendor and if they paid extra fee(s) for dispatch consoles to have ENC in them.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
That might be the State System. County to County is different. Some counties in FL PD/SO is clear or some ENC. I think it depends on vendor and if they paid extra fee(s) for dispatch consoles to have ENC in them.
Ok just checking because here in NC, it's uncommon for encryption on the statewide system and there are few county/regional systems that have primary (non tac) channels encrypted

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I think the ENC on 102x might be BCSO not sure yet waiting on RID/UID and compare them. I believe one of the TG is Swat. Not sure on the other 5 will be for........

Status
Not open for further replies.