Baylor Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I live less than a mile from Baylor Dallas on Gaston.
I was checking systems and the Passport system was last updated in 2007 and the Type 2 Trunking system 2012 i believe.
So for those in the know, what is Baylor Dallas currently using?

nd5y

Check these and see if you hear anything.

FCC data for their FRN in case I missed one above.

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
The thread you linked has mention of NXDN which i have not paid for on my 436.
I may do some UHF searching this coming weekend when i have time and see if the license you linked have NXDN on them.
Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The thread you linked has mention of NXDN which i have not paid for on my 436.
I may do some UHF searching this coming weekend when i have time and see if the license you linked have NXDN on them.
Thanks
I'll throw in a trial NXDN system & see if anything pops up. While I'm not all that far away, their previous system was extremely weak when I tried to receive it at home. Part of that, in my case, could be that the Baylor campus, east of downtown Dallas, is on the other side (from me) of the buildings in the Dallas CBD. Possibly shielding there transmissions for me.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
As of roughly 18 months ago, BS&W facilities were primarily LTR Passport based. Long time Bearcom customer but became very fond of S&P as Bearcom was no longer had technicians skilled with LTR on the I35 corridor and S&P had helped them with some system issues in Temple and Austin. About 18 months ago a bid was put out (shortly after Bearcom's acquisition of S&P) to overhaul and upgrade all BS&W facilities. Most of the sites has some of the old LTR still running as well as a MotoTRBO repeater typically (I think they were testing linking). I left Bearcom before I found the answer to who got the bid (MegaLink, Bearcom, and one other shop I knew of were interested in submitting bids)...sorry I can't be of more help.

prcguy

My first day with them was in the early 1980s before there was a Dallas office and there was only one office back then in Long Beach, CA. I was also part time as there were no full time people except for Alexander Bear and Jerry D. That's where Bearcom got it's name, from Mr. Bear. But that was not his real name and that's a story I never got the full answer on. Something about a witness protection program name change......

My 1st day was May 15th 2019.

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
The 800 type 2 system is still up. Monitored for 4 hours Saturday with no activity.
The 2 800 conventional channels, well 1 has activity but its not hospital related. The users were located near the american airlines center and sounded like wrecker guys or something else.
The UHF frequencies have NO DMR on them. So its likely an NXDN system as others mentioned.
Not sure i want to pay for the NXDN update on my 436 just to monitor the hospital. Those that have monitored it, is there encryption on it?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The 800 type 2 system is still up. Monitored for 4 hours Saturday with no activity.
The 2 800 conventional channels, well 1 has activity but its not hospital related. The users were located near the american airlines center and sounded like wrecker guys or something else.
The UHF frequencies have NO DMR on them. So its likely an NXDN system as others mentioned.
Not sure i want to pay for the NXDN update on my 436 just to monitor the hospital. Those that have monitored it, is there encryption on it?
I programmed all of the 'possible' NXDN licensed frequencies into my SDS200, and let them run for 24hours, with logging in ProScan enabled. Did not get a single hit; those were the only things enabled to scan during that time. However, that's probably not a definitive statement, to say they are not using NXDN at least occasionally, as my distance and direction from the main Baylor complex is not ideal for reception, and currently, I do not have an external antenna up either.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I tried the same thing yesterday. Not a single hit on any frequency from the new Baylor NXDN licenses. I'm sure it's something in the works.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Well hum.. its not NXDN and not DMR.
I did see a few signal peaks so maybe i will go into search mode and hold onto a few freqs and see if they are still using passport LTR.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I am now seeing a hit of NEX4 on the Grapevine site on 461.4625 and 464.3000 while running LCN finder, still not finding an LCN though.

I plugged in the 5 frequencies in the Fixed Location section, but I can’t remember, is it best to just plug in all the frequencies associated with the license?

nd5y

is it best to just plug in all the frequencies associated with the license?
That's always best to include all base/repeater output frequencies (the ones with station class codes that start with FB).

Almost all the industrial/business frequencies in the DFW area have multiple licensees. If you find activity on a particular frequency you need to determine who it is.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I live close to Baylor Dallas and got nothing on the LTR, Type 2 or DMR. I dont have NXDN on my 436 so icant test that. But with all the others not active one has to think it is NXDN.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Typing this while setting across the street from Baylor Dallas. I drove a quick survey of several sites, and no NXDN found on the air.

• McKinney - DMR
  • Frisco/Centennial - Nothing
  • Plano - LTR Passport
  • Coppell/Los Colinas - LTR Passport
  • Grapevine - LTR Passport (@KI5IRE the frequencies you posted have the control channel for the Passport, so the NXDN you detected was likely a false positive)
  • Irving - LTR Passport
  • Dallas - Moto Type 2 and LTR Passport

Since there's new licenses for all of these sites with the NXDN frequencies, I suspect the new system is being stood up in parallel to the LTR/Moto systems. The McKinney DMR seems to be a short term fix until the NXDN goes online.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber

For those of you keeping score, the long awaited Baylor NXDN system may be starting to come to life. Picked up yesterday System ID 74, Site 4 on the frequencies licensed to Baylor Centennial (Frisco). It only listed one neighbor Site 1, which today I confirmed is Baylor Medical Center in Dallas. Site 1 does not list any other neighbors, so some of the other sites may be online as well.

All of the data captured has been submitted, and should appear on RRDB soon.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

For those of you keeping score, the long awaited Baylor NXDN system may be starting to come to life. Picked up yesterday System ID 74, Site 4 on the frequencies licensed to Baylor Centennial (Frisco). It only listed one neighbor Site 1, which today I confirmed is Baylor Medical Center in Dallas. Site 1 does not list any other neighbors, so some of the other sites may be online as well.

All of the data captured has been submitted, and should appear on RRDB soon.
I'll plug Waxahachie back in & see it I get anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.