Bayville PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyS

Hello. We might be moving down to Bayville (Ocean County) in a few months. I don't see any listing for it in the db so methinks it's just county or sheriff policed. Is this correct? Thanks.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just be forewarned, that big tower on Rte. 9 N is WOBM 92.7 FM and it's chocked with antennas as is all vertical real estate here at the shore. Good luck and I mean it sincerely, Bayville is a nice place and I think you'll like it.

DJ88

Just to add, the Berkeley Twp. PD radio system is P25 Digital with some encryption, so you will need a digital scanner to monitor them. Their fire departments and EMS squad use the county trunk system. They're dispatched on the county conventional Fire/UHF EMS dispatch frequency, and then use the trunk system for all comms with county after that. If and when you need specifics regarding the trunk system talk groups they use, post. The fire and EMS talk groups are analog, so you wouldn't need the digital scanner to monitor them.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just to clarify "some encryption", some PD units are encrypted and some in the clear so perhaps it would be better stated as "mixed". This makes conversations difficult to impossible to follow which is why I deleted the system from memory.

TonyS

Thank you guys for the help/info. Well..... maybe I should move to a non-encrypted, conventional township, eh? :) I miss everyone being on vhf or uhf. Anyway, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.