bc 15 x help

Status
Not open for further replies.

morse2

Hi all i dont know what i have done but it now scans my memory channels as well as the ham band in the service search .

i have read the manual but cant find out how to stop it from doing this

tks Larry

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ron's reply was correct. To lock out a frequency, you would press L/O, L/O.

kbehning

Premium Subscriber
So if you set your scanner BCT15X to just scan its "channels" and its including the HAM Radio Service Search, or some other service or custom search range, what appears to have happened is that "Search with Scan" is enabled.

Check this out:

Press Menu
Scroll to Search for...
Press Func
Scroll to Edit Service
Press Func
Scroll to HAM Radio
Press Func
Scroll to Search with Scan
Press Func
Scroll to Set Lockout
Press Func
Scroll to Lockout
Press Func

This will remove HAM Radio from your normal scanning lineup.
Note that temporary lockouts will be opened back up upon power cycle, so you want Lockout.
Good luck

This manual is very useful for learning the scanner functions or getting yourself out of trouble when you accidently set something up.
Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

Note that Ron's solution above is correct for a real time fix, my solution is a menu based one that will work regardless of if the scanner is currently in the ham band.

Last edited:

W6SDM

Many thanks to kbehning for posting the Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual. I just got my new BCT15-X today and the manual that came with it is fragmented and not very easy to reference. Plus, it's impossible to search.

I believe most ham operators have an aversion to reading the book anyway - we would rather just push buttons and twist dials until it does what we want. :)

Steve

rparker7124

Disable BCT15x from Searching

Hi all,

Its been a while since I've had to do any programming with my BCT15X. One of the scanners in our trucks scans the custom system but then it goes into "Custom 10" (its the 800MHz band) and searches. I had the scanners set up to scan only the custom system I programmed and obviously someone hit something and now its searching as well. How do I stop it from searching the "Custom 10"?? I tried the Easier to Read manual on line but can't find what I'm looking for. I want the scanner to only scan the channels I programmed into it.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Lock out the search range by pressing F+L/O, L/O while on that search.

DeuceFour

Premium Subscriber
So if you set your scanner BCT15X to just scan its "channels" and its including the HAM Radio Service Search, or some other service or custom search range, what appears to have happened is that "Search with Scan" is enabled.

Check this out:

Press Menu
Scroll to Search for...
Press Func
Scroll to Edit Service
Press Func
Scroll to HAM Radio
Press Func
Scroll to Search with Scan
Press Func
Scroll to Set Lockout
Press Func
Scroll to Lockout
Press Func

This will remove HAM Radio from your normal scanning lineup.

THANK YOU!!! This procedure for locking out the default searches has made my newbie scanner life sooooo much better!! Same with the Fun, L/O, L/O. These are MUST KNOW items!! Good riddance open carrier signals!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.