Bc 246 T

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketchthis

Getting down to brass tacks ! I have the full software installed for programming the unit . Having just read some more reviews on this unit , it looks like I'd be in bad shape if I didn't have the software. Anyway, my question is simple; I plug the scanner into the specified USB COM port , click on the connect to scanner button and it wont connect . A window pops up and says " Scanner Set is in Menu Mode or under Direct Entry or Quick Save operation. Exit Menu Mode or finish Direct Entry/Quick Save operation and try again." Please give me the solution . ( is there such a thing as resetting the whole unit ? ) I wouldn't be loosing anything on it .

Last edited:

CStarr59

I'm not sure if I can answer your question, but I will try and help. I used the trial version of arc246 and it went fairly easy for me.
1 did you instsall the driver for the usb cable first before pluging in the cable?
2 are you using the correct com port?
3 in the menu on the scanner......hit the menu button and then turn the selector knob until Xfer information is showing and then press the knob down and turn it again until PC control shows and connect your cable. I believe this is how I did it. If you reset your scanner it will wipe it clean. I always clear mine when I first get it and then program it my own way. I hope this helps you, the 246T is a great little unit.

bonus1331

The scanner won't connect unless the scanner is in "scan" mode.
Hit the scan button and try and connect again.

Status
Not open for further replies.