BC-246T and Trunking in Halifax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikker

Hello,

Have been playing with my BC-246T for the last few days. Only problem is that I don't get the Trunking going.

Have downloaded the Aliant Trunked Mobile Radio (TMR) and did upload it with the BuTeL tool. It scans but I not had a single hit.

Did read a lot but at this point I am just lost. Did try it all so to say. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

VE3RADIO

I believe the system in Nova Scotia is digital, so even if you program it in correctly, you would get no hits. You should upgrade to a PRO96 or BCD396.

ve1sef

Just to ensure you downloaded the right list, the first repeater/site on the list should be Belliville South and the red channel should be 860.1625.
Something else i'd check is if you have the correct control channels for the Halifax area.
Giszier Hill 860.1875
Maritime Center 860.1375
Sackville 861.2875
Preston 860.2375
Tantallon 861.3125
Musqudoboit Harb. 860.1625
I'd also check to my talk group i.d. numbers are correct, that the system is in motorola type 2,and
if the control channel mode is on.
SEF.

ps-The Aliant system is mixed analog and digital. Also check www.marscan.com

hfxChris

Database Admin
I believe the system in Nova Scotia is digital, so even if you program it in correctly, you would get no hits. You should upgrade to a PRO96 or BCD396.

The vast majority of the system users are analog. Law enforcement however are primarily digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.