bc 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
should i sell it or keep it? what i`m asking is under the rebanding i heard that it will need to be replaced. is this true? my 250 has the digital card in stalled..

yaesumofo

KEEP IT. What you have there is the FIRST consumer scanner of receiving digital signals.
Even without the digital card that c=scanner is no slouch performance wise. The 250 is a really good radio with higher sensitivity than my 396.
Don't get me wrong sensitivity isn't everything, but is counts for a lot in th scanner world.
I keep mine as a backup to th 396. You never know when you will really need to monitor more than one digital frequency at a time.
Hopfully the next generation of uniden HT will have dual receivers taking care of this problem of only being able to monitor one frequency at a time.
In the mean time KEEP that 250 it is a good radio.
Yaesumofo

pinellasfirefighter said:
should i sell it or keep it? what i`m asking is under the rebanding i heard that it will need to be replaced. is this true? my 250 has the digital card in stalled..

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yeah it has been a good scanner to me.. i just heard with all this rebanding thats going to take place it wont beable to be reflashed or reprogrammed..i`m sure i`ll just keep it anywho

Status
Not open for further replies.