Bc 296 D

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
The BC296D will not decode & display the system ID. The BCD396T & newer Uniden scanners should decode the system ID.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Mot ID refers to the talk group ID, not the system ID. Since the 296 doesn't display that information you wont' see it as Firecop wrote.

Gary

williams63

Ok , thx...my Pro 87 will have to do that job I guess,...also Ill answer my own question , there is no way to use 800 Mhz CC mode onoy on a EDAC system ?

And the reason I asked about the SysID was in a search mode ( IE : 140 - 144 ) I find a Contraol Channel , it appears like it wants to to display the SYS ID...hence the MOT ID:_ _ _ _ _ _

Tg's display fine....Hmmm ok

Q# 3 : I saw an upgrade for this scanner..tho the info on what it can do , was a little vauge...what does the upgrade do for us 296D owners ?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
williams63 said:
Ok , thx...my Pro 87 will have to do that job I guess,...also Ill answer my own question , there is no way to use 800 Mhz CC mode onoy on a EDAC system ?
EDACS systems, by definition, are Logical Channel Number systems. The channel numbers available are 1 - 25, so there cannot be a table set up that covers all the possible frequency pairs in the 800 MHz band. Hence the table is you putting the correct frequency in the correct LCN slot, so no there is no such thing as CCh Mode for EDACS (or LTR for that matter).

williams63 said:
And the reason I asked about the SysID was in a search mode ( IE : 140 - 144 ) I find a Contraol Channel , it appears like it wants to to display the SYS ID...hence the MOT ID:_ _ _ _ _ _

Tg's display fine....Hmmm ok
When monitoring a CCh in manual or hold mode, a lot of radios will display the TG's being granted channels as the channel grant is made.

williams63 said:
Q# 3 : I saw an upgrade for this scanner..tho the info on what it can do , was a little vauge...what does the upgrade do for us 296D owners ?
Depends on what download/upgrade you are talking about. They all have been discussed at one time or another here in Uniden Forum.

williams63

Thank you Lou: I tried to search out the " BCD296Dv3.29 " Upgrade , and it didnt show much...Im not sure ehat it is suppose to Upgrade...any ideas would be much appreaciated .
Thx in advance.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
williams63 said:
Thank you Lou: I tried to search out the " BCD296Dv3.29 " Upgrade , and it didnt show much...Im not sure ehat it is suppose to Upgrade...any ideas would be much appreaciated .
Thx in advance.
That was the "Detroit" issue fix. Although firmware updates always contain the previous "fixes" also so it is a good idea to apply them. The Detroit problem was due to the P25 system there being modified during the Super Bowl to not "advertise" the channel line up, but rather use an "implicit" channel line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.