BC 296 question, Control channel only trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I noticed something wierd today.
I have 3 systems in banks that are Motorola Type 2 800 Mg where I use the control channels only, Plan 1.
For whatever reason, ALL of the banks that use this method switched to off this weekend.
I had to hook up my scanner to the arc software (not a easy thing to do when you are unpacking for 2 days) and re-do it.
Anyone else notice this glitch with Athe 296 or ARC 250? It did this from time 2 time in the past but not every Type 2 Motorola system?
Any response is appreciated.
Eric

rockynsabrina

please explain

i have a bc898t and was recently experimenting with the menue options and discovered the plan 1,2,3,4.please explain to me what they all mean.i was unable to receive the sc highway patrol til i changed the plan to plan 4 for that bank,and out of luck,now all sorts of new info is rolling from the speaker.please be detailed and help me learn what they mean and how to correctly use these options.thank you guys for your help

Combustion

I have not had the exact problem you mentioned but I have noticed that the 296 does not hold all if it's programmed settings. My radio frequently toggles the I-Call mode from "On" to "Only" on so when I go into search mode I don't get what I think I should. So check your I-Call setting on your trunked banksif you don't hear anything in search mode. Based on what I am reading here I will have to check my control only banks and see if they settings have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.