BC-296D Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfjones

I would like to import the entire Colorado DTRS data base into my BC-296D using the factory software.Is this possible and if not will WIN96 do this?Where can I find a file with this info,what file types work and are these files updated?

Great forums here and many thanks in advance.

Bob
W0OXJ

seamusg

rfjones said:
I would like to import the entire Colorado DTRS data base into my BC-296D using the factory software.Is this possible and if not will WIN96 do this?Where can I find a file with this info,what file types work and are these files updated?

Great forums here and many thanks in advance.

Bob
W0OXJ
The factory software for the BC296D will not download from this site and Win96 is for the PRO96/2096 only. Butel offers sortware for your scanner that will do imports from the database. Look in the WIKI for software for your scanner. The factory software uses .ssd files.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually the factory software may now be usable - since the new versions of the database software can download to a .csv file. If the factory software can do this, you may well be on your way. You must be a paid up member to use this function.

In addition to the BuTel software, numerous other programs that work with the 296, such as Scan Control, can directly import .csv files. 73s Mike

rfjones

The .csv file looks like trunk info only.Don't I need the call center and county data to import along with the trunk data?

I now have ARC250 ready to go so will try the .csv file.

By Jove,I almost have it,I think.

seamusg

rfjones said:
The .csv file looks like trunk info only.Don't I need the call center and county data to import along with the trunk data?

I now have ARC250 ready to go so will try the .csv file.

By Jove,I almost have it,I think.
The new feature for csv format from the database here is everything for a county. All conventional and trunked freqs but no trunking info. CSV is not a everthing data format. it only says there a comma between each value - it does not say what order the info is in. Also note the ssd files for Uniden BC796D and BC296D are really csv files, but have no defined format for other software to read. For a csv file to be compatable it must be defined for it's data layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.