BC 325 P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgesharpe

Broke down and traded up to a BC 325. How are your folks out there liking it? I plan to add only DMR for now, as the local NXDN system is used mainly for the Stadium and Exhibition and those are both a no-go for 2020!

RadioSc

Doesn't play well with others
I love my 325P2. Works great!
Hey doctor is the 325p2 good on the Conventional side. Like can you hear Conventional channels loud and clear and have a strong signal? Is it similar to my old 396xt? I miss my 396xt I'm looking to buy something similar and new like it. My SDS 100 lacks or won't even pickup Conventional at all.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Hey doctor is the 325p2 good on the Conventional side. Like can you hear Conventional channels loud and clear and have a strong signal? Is it similar to my old 396xt? I miss my 396xt I'm looking to buy something similar and new like it. My SDS 100 lacks or won't even pickup Conventional at all.
Yes my BCD325P2 is excellent on conventional channels, even in my location where topography and woodlands affect signals.
It also receives digital fairly well too. The only exception would be a simulcast issue.
My SDS100 with the Remtronix antenna isn't that great on conventional but my SDS200 with a Comet BNCW100RX does a noticeably better job with conventional

georgesharpe

I have no reason to regret my purchase of my BC 325, however you have to be very careful to avoid any duplication of t.g.'s and systems when you upload from the database you extract and store on your computer, so check your lists carefully on your computer first. Duplication as we all know slows down your scan speed.

Chris0516

Broke down and traded up to a BC 325. How are your folks out there liking it? I plan to add only DMR for now, as the local NXDN system is used mainly for the Stadium and Exhibition and those are both a no-go for 2020!
I do not think much of stock antennas that is why I have REMTRONIX 800 antennas on my 325p2"s, 436, SDS100's, TRX-1and 668.
George, I second this response. When I upgraded to a 325p2. From a 75XLT, and upgraded from the 'stock' to an 'aviation' antennae. There was a noticeable increase in reception.

I have no reason to regret my purchase of my BC 325, however you have to be very careful to avoid any duplication of t.g.'s and systems when you upload from the database you extract and store on your computer, so check your lists carefully on your computer first. Duplication as we all know slows down your scan speed.
True, but if you use software, like Freescan, you'll see the duplicates in programming
I found the best way to avoid duplicates on the scanner. Is to:

1. Clean out the file on the computer.
2. Download entire group/TG list from the scanner.
3. Upload only the new groups to the scanner.

FreeScan, can still cause duplicates on the scanner. If you don't pay attention during the upload process.

a29zuk

In Freescan, you must have "Erase any existing system by the same name" checked during the upload process to avoid getting duplicate systems.

Also under to tools menu you can use "Duplicate Channel Finder" for finding duplicate TGID's or conventional frequencies.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.