BC 346XT Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanrfan

Going to be getting a BC 346XT next week but need a free control software program that will load data and control the radio. What programs are available and free - need the Internet site to down load please (computer is using Windows 7) . The software must allow for the use of a USB cable since my computer doesn't have a Serial Port.
Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You're mixing apples and oranges - a software program doesn't care about a USB port, it just cares about what port you try to tell it to use. But we're getting ahead of ourselves.

To start, keep this in mind; anything in blue, either in our wiki or here, is a link. Let's get started...

Go up to the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad and float your mouse over Wiki then select Wiki home. In the Links for Newcomers read the article on Connecting scanners via USB. If you're unfamiliar with trunking, or this is the first time doing scanning of any kind, there are other useful links to be found here.

Further down on the right, in the Popular Topics area, click on the Uniden DMA FAQ As the name implies, it's a FAQ devoted to understanding the new DMA structure introduced by Uniden with the earlier SC230 and BC246.

As to software, there are 3 that are the biggies - ProScan, ARC-XT (both commercial and fine in their own right) and the freeware Freescan, which is where I would recommend you start. You can always migrate to the others later. The user manual can be found here

You can get data from asking someone in the Alabama forum, or you can download data from our online database using the web service. FreeScan supports the web service, but you must purchase a subscription. In the upper right corner under the Scanner Master ad, float your mouse over About
then select Our Premium Services. Note that FreeScan can import UASD and BuTel files; if you are offered either of these formats, that's fine. The imports aren't all inclusive, but they're more than good enough to get you going.

Time for some reading, I think 73 Mike

scanrfan

FreeSCAN for BC 346XT

Have tried to download FreeSCAN and keep getting an error that the web page cannot be found. FreeSCAN site shows address as: http://scannow.org/files/FreeSCAN-0.9K.msi and is showing that there may be a typing error or the address is out of date. Is this the correct and/or current address. If not, need correct/current address.
Thanks

kilowa22

Have tried to download FreeSCAN and keep getting an error that the web page cannot be found. FreeSCAN site shows address as: http://scannow.org/files/FreeSCAN-0.9K.msi and is showing that there may be a typing error or the address is out of date. Is this the correct and/or current address. If not, need correct/current address.
Thanks

The download link is borked. There be gremlins at the web site!

tvande

I believe that "K" is a brand new version that has just gone up (maybe not quite yet <g>) so have some patience, I'm sure Assaf will get the link fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.