Bc 346xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonabet

I listen to my scanner every time i am in my pickup. Apparently while driving i went to put on the backlight and must have hit a wrong key. I have been pulling my hair out trying to locate the problem and now admit defeat. My screen looks the same as always however it will not scan or go through the groups. I have downloaded a manual and am now going through it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Joe, KK4AHB

SCPD

QRT
The light button is also the keylock button. Maybe you hit the buttons just right to turn it on? Do you see a key emblem on your screen?

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like the scanner is locked out,you can tell if it is locked out by a key icon somewhere in the screen.

wonabet

Thanks for the replies, that would have been too good to be true. No icon of key showing. I used function, on-off and see the key and then reversed that. I will scan the manual and see what other possibilities there are. I'm keeping repair as a last ditch effort. Thanks again

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
If the system or group quick keys are not disabled,you might have deleted the systems or groups.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I made that mistake ONCE. After you hit proram system. Go down to edit site hit enter than go down til you get to set lockout and hit enter. Make sure you hit UNLOCK.

Mark

wonabet

Thanks for all the replys. I believe my problem is that because of rebanding now being complete in Fort Myers Fl. i have to reprogram. I came to this conclusion because i turned on my base unit at home, it's a Radio Shack PRO-2055 and all programming is also not working on that unit. Too much of a coincidence. I looked through RR and see a notice of updating on rebanding on Oct.7. Seems to be close to the date my equiptment stop working.

McP

That's probably it as they just did their rebanding. Did you try another agency in the meantime until you get the rebanding updated?

Here is the thread on the rebanding in Lee County with good info.

http://forums.radioreference.com/fl...m/223212-lee-county-fl-has-rebanded-week.html

Thanks for all the replys. I believe my problem is that because of rebanding now being complete in Fort Myers Fl. i have to reprogram. I came to this conclusion because i turned on my base unit at home, it's a Radio Shack PRO-2055 and all programming is also not working on that unit. Too much of a coincidence. I looked through RR and see a notice of updating on rebanding on Oct.7. Seems to be close to the date my equiptment stop working.

Last edited:

wonabet

I'm working on it at the moment. It's been so long that i have used Free Scan that it's slowly coming back to me. I have updated the firmware and am receiving signals, just not all the one's i want. Thanks very much for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.