BC 346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Regatta,
Are you setting the radio up by hand (keypad entry), or are you using software + data cable?

By far the easiest method would be to use Freescan with the RRDB import function.

If you don't want to use the import and would rather do it yourself (software or keypad), you will need to create a UHF trunk system with two sites. You will need to put the UHF channel spacing into the sites and frequencies. Then add your talk groups.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Questions

Just got the BC 346XT and I'm looking for help in setting up the Trunking for Westchester County.

I have westchester county set up on my BCT15X. Programming it is kind of the same. I can tell you how.

I just have a few questions before i begin explaining,

How would you like to input this system into your scanner? Software or Keypad Entry?
Either, way i can tell you how to. Just want to make sure before i make a post about how to do this.Programming it through a computer would be the fastest way to do this, while programming in in by hand will take a much longer time.

Do you have a premium Radio Reference account?
It is not showing up that you have one. But here is how to get one: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/subscription/
Theatrically, you don't have to upgrade your account if you don't want to fork over the money, but if you want to directly import data into you scanner from the RRDB you would need one.

Regatta

I am new to this and I looked online for the manual and found it quite confusing.
I don't know if I am going to keep the radio or re sell it.
I need to hook up with someone that has it loaded with lower Westchester frequencies along with the trunking that would let me clone their radio. The radio I bought only came with the batteries and antenna nothing else.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I am new to this and I looked online for the manual and found it quite confusing.
I don't know if I am going to keep the radio or re sell it.
I need to hook up with someone that has it loaded with lower Westchester frequencies along with the trunking that would let me clone their radio. The radio I bought only came with the batteries and antenna nothing else.

Check For a PM

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Ok I'll check my PMs to see if it went out. I am able to transfer everything for you, yea

Update: Turns out it never went out, ill Pm you again. All info is in a PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.