BC 350: What's Wrong? (look @ pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I also picked up an old Electra Bearcat BC350. I powered it up and this is the only message I get. No buttons work, and eventually if you press manual or scan enough, the display goes away and nothing is visible. Here is what I get:

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Haha, that was my opinion too. I paid $20, and it looked so nice in the box still! I am still hoping it is something simple I can fix. If not, anyone want a broken BC350?

rhutch

I don't know but what ever happened to it seems to have happened to your message too because I don't see any picture.

LarrySC

I was one of the first to buy a 350 about 1980. Never got any service out of it. Had trouble booting up. Would get hot and lock up. One of my friends bought one before I could tell him better. He had the same problems. Some days they would work and most days they did not. Mine went back to factory twice. Clean the connector on the circuit board thats turned upside down under the cover. I put a small 12v muffin fan on mine and it helped. First chance I had I sold it. No 350's were known to be living after 1984.

Status
Not open for further replies.